Author Topic: "Metal Slug X" controls SOLVED  (Read 7033 times)

Offline mbd33

"Metal Slug X" controls SOLVED
« on: June 25, 2011, 03:06:36 PM »
I have "Metal Slug X" configured to run in USA console mode with Universal Bios. The default is for every action to be set to button 'A' in the key config. Every time I play the game, I have to go into key config and set the proper buttons for my gamepad.. On the other hand, if I switch to arcade mode then the controls are fine.

Is it supposed to run like this? Why would all the inputs be automatically set to "A"?

EDIT: SOLVED after a lot of googling. Apparently the game saves bad settings in "backup RAM". You have to clear the backup RAM within "test mode".  Then it works fine.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 10:48:53 AM by mbd33 »

Offline KaaMoS

Re: "Metal Slug X" controls
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 03:59:54 PM »
Have you tried Misc > Save input mapping now after setting your keys?
Also, from the input mapping window, you can press "Save Default" and it'll use that keyconfig for all games related to that system (in this case, Neo-Geo).

Offline mbd33

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 04:26:28 PM »
Thanks for the quick response.

The thing is that my gamepad buttons are mapped fine. And I don't have this problem with any other neo geo game I've tried. The settings are screwed up within the game itself. When I go into "1P Key Config" after booting up the game, it looks like this. Then I have to set the right buttons.

Really strange.

Offline mbd33

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 05:12:30 PM »
I just checked and the same does not happen in Nebula. The bug seems specific to FB Alpha, and only when set to console mode with Universal Bios. Is it a bug in FB Alpha's driver for the game?

Offline mbd33

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 01:01:44 AM »
I did further experimentation and ran the game with universal bios on Nebula. And it did the same thing as on FB Alpha. Turns out it is an issue with universal bios and not with the emulator.