Author Topic: [WIP] NeoGeo CD Game List  (Read 20029 times)

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
[WIP] NeoGeo CD Game List
« on: October 29, 2011, 05:47:04 AM »
I been working on a new NeoGeo CD module that will allow us to open up this new dialog and select the game from there.

How do this work? well this new module will first Scan the specified directory where the NGCD games are located. For example this will scan the following directory structure:

C:\NeoGeoCD\ <-------- Specified directory

the scan will check for directories in the specified path, like this...

C:\NeoGeoCD\King of Fighters '98\
C:\NeoGeoCD\Metal Slug\
C:\NeoGeoCD\Metal Slug 2\
...etc

Note: The module doesn't care about the sub-directories names, or the file names.

As the module scan each one of the directories, it will look for a file with .CUE extension first. If found it will then Parse the CUE contents and retrieve the ISO file from there. If a CUE is not found, then it will rescan the current directory for a file with ISO extension.

After acquiring the ISO, the module will now verify approx. 264 bytes per sector until the 68K ROM header is found. When found it will get the NeoGeo CD unique ID and get all the information from my recently made module. This is done very quickly.

The information will then be immediately added to the ListView and continue with the next directory.

The new Game Selection window specifically for NeoGeo CD will be able to display Front Cover and Back Cover of the selected game, and serve as a platform for other future features.

Its very late now so I will give lot more details later :), I need to sleep xD LOL.

I hope you like this new feature  :biggrin:

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
Re: [WIP] NeoGeo CD Game List
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 06:51:43 AM »
Looks good Cap. :)

Not sure it needs the files to be in directories though? Would it not be better to scan the files in the folder selected only?

How are you dealing with multiple revisions of games when scanning? I assume that for example, kof95 has the same id no matter which version it is?
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 12:40:22 PM »
Looks good Cap. :)

Not sure it needs the files to be in directories though? Would it not be better to scan the files in the folder selected only?

How are you dealing with multiple revisions of games when scanning? I assume that for example, kof95 has the same id no matter which version it is?

Thanks Barry! and sure I could make small modification and add a option to look for files in the specified directory only as well :)

I haven't implemented the function to handle each revision but I'm looking for a way :), for example Kof '95, they all have same Id, but since dates are not same, I could use date for games with multiple revisions, and based on the date identify each one. It wouldn't matter when the disc image was done, since ISO9660 will always preserve the original disc file dates and attributes.

SeeYaa!

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 04:37:19 PM »
I just made a great improvement to the new ISO9660 processing code, it will now properly check for the 'Root Directory Record Location' from the 'Primary Volume Descriptor' then using the 'Extent Location Field' it will jump directly to that sector and process the 'Directory Record Descriptor'. It will then check if the 'Flags' to see if its a file and if it have ".PRG" extension. If it does then it will check the first 265 bytes for the 68K ROM Header to acquire the unique NGCD-ID.

This will make processing of all NeoGeo CD games finish in practically 1 second LOL xD.

The previous method consisted on reading the first 265 bytes in each ISO sector until the 68K ROM Header was found. This would make it take a few seconds to scan all the NeoGeo CD games.

Now, since the module have access to the Root Directory Records,it will be able to verify the 'Recording Date Field' of the files and use this to check for different Revisions of NeoGeo CD games :). I just have to work on a small structure of the games with different revisions and include their respective changes in there.

SeeYaa!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 04:56:16 PM by CaptainCPS-X »

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 11:02:23 AM »
I finished implementing a checking for different game revisions :).

Now, there is something I noticed from TOSEC sets, the following are identical, after extracting the files from the ISOs and comparing them they are identical (even the ISO has the same CRC32):

Art of Fighting 3 - Path of the Warrior (1996)(SNK)(JP)[!][Art of Fighting - Ryuuko no Ken Gaiden][NGCD-0961]
Art of Fighting 3 - Path of the Warrior (1996)(SNK)(JP-US)[!]

King of Fighters '96, The (1996)(SNK)(JP)[!][NGCD-214 MT A02]
King of Fighters '96, The (1996)(SNK)(JP-US)[!][NGCD-214 MT A01, NGCD-214E]

All other revisions are properly detected now and listed accordingly :)

Now I just have to work on some of the user interface features and it will be ready to be implemented on FBA.

SeeYaa!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:17:38 AM by CaptainCPS-X »

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 12:03:44 PM »
I finished implementing a checking for different game revisions :).

Now, there is something I noticed from TOSEC sets, the following are identical, after extracting the files from the ISOs and comparing them they are identical (even the ISO has the same CRC32):

Art of Fighting 3 - Path of the Warrior (1996)(SNK)(JP)[!][Art of Fighting - Ryuuko no Ken Gaiden][NGCD-0961]
Art of Fighting 3 - Path of the Warrior (1996)(SNK)(JP-US)[!]

King of Fighters '96, The (1996)(SNK)(JP)[!][NGCD-214 MT A02]
King of Fighters '96, The (1996)(SNK)(JP-US)[!][NGCD-214 MT A01, NGCD-214E]

All other revisions are properly detected now and listed accordingly :)

Now I just have to work on some of the user interface features and it will be ready to be implemented on FBA.

SeeYaa!

Different WAV files? I think as far as listing that in the dialog, only one of each needs to be shown.
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 12:37:23 PM »
Different WAV files? I think as far as listing that in the dialog, only one of each needs to be shown.

Done!  :biggrin:

SeeYaa!

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 08:14:57 PM »
I finished implementing the final UI for now. I just have to finish incorporating the functionality of the button controls :)

Btw, I made a package of almost all the Front / Back covers in PNG format (150 HD PNGs), named with the ID of each game, to avoid any conflicts with other support images. For example ( 0214-front.png, 0214-back.png ). As soon as I finish working with this new feature I will release the package as well  ;p

Here you have a new image...

SeeYaa!

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 09:22:34 PM »
Here you have the Covers package in advance :), there are 150 covers for now.

fba_neogeocd_covers_png.7z (156.96 MB)

SeeYaa!

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 12:43:15 PM »
Here is a summary of all features in the final "NeoGeo CDZ Game List Dialog", I will submit the code in a couple of minutes for the next FB Alpha release :).

NeoGeo CDZ Game List Dialog

- Select the directory where the ISO / CUE or the sub-directories with ISO / CUE files are located.
- Select the directory where the Cover Images (Front / Back) are located.
- Scan for NeoGeo CD disc images (ISO / CUE).
- Load a specific ISO / CUE from your computer.
- Option to Scan only for ISO files.
- Option to Scan sub-directories for ISO / CUE files.
- Double Click a game from the list to load it.
- Click on the Front Cover Image to view it in higher definition.
- Click on the Back Cover Image to view it in higher definition.
- Number of audio tracks found in the CUE is displayed.
- Disc Image path is displayed.

Screenshots

SeeYaa!

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 01:14:26 PM »
If someone want to add these updates before the next official FBA release then here you have the updated source files.

You must add "neocdwnd.o" to the makefiles, its a new file.

Enjoy!

SeeYaa!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 02:21:01 PM by CaptainCPS-X »

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 02:18:18 PM »
Sorry, but if you downloaded the previous source files use the once attached here, it had a test "cd_isowav.cpp" but I didn't intend to include it since it cause some issues.

Please download this update instead.

SeeYaa!

Offline kenshiro

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 02:41:30 PM »
Nice work :) I gonna test it tonight.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 02:42:59 PM by kenshiro »

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 03:20:35 PM »
Nice work :) I gonna test it tonight.

Thanks man! I spent some long hours working on this I hope you find it useful  :biggrin:

Take Care!

SeeYaa!

Offline royer86

• Newbies
  • Xd
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 07:49:53 PM »
When will this emulator?