Author Topic: FBA Downloading  (Read 14089 times)

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
Re: FBA Downloading
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 01:22:24 AM »
Now tell me this can be hacked easily xD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer

I was checking over the net for data packets encryption and found out SSL..just saw that WinInet API can handle secure certificate connections so gonna get some info on that  :cool:

so if the user have a packet snifer ..well check this out...

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/expert/KnowledgebaseAnswer/0,289625,sid14_gci1252430,00.html#

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline 0746

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 02:38:05 AM »
It'll be a good challenge...NOT! FBA is still gonna be open source. i.e. You're still gonna make it too easy. It may move past random packet sniffer's ability but since the way things will be initiated will be public, whoever is hacking will be after the special parameters you put into whatever package/algorithms you use which you did not make open source. i.e. just a matter of spending a few hours with the disassembler. You should know by now that the word "safe" is relative. It's never "safe"...just "safer." + The unneeded overhead of the setups and encryption.

In short, if an illegal build really wanted to have itself included, you could do little to prevent it.

+ There arent a lot of illegal builds around anyway. The only ones I can see is the version used by GGPO and the version used by 2df. Both of them have stopped updating a long time ago. I strongly doubt that they're gonna upgrade to the latest versions of FBA unless something really good...like say Naomi for example...is added to FBA. I can't imagine them being crazy for tiles and previews either.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 02:45:31 AM by 0746 »

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 03:14:06 AM »
It'll be a good challenge...NOT! FBA is still gonna be open source. i.e. You're still gonna make it too easy. It may move past random packet sniffer's ability but since the way things will be initiated will be public, whoever is hacking will be after the special parameters you put into whatever package/algorithms you use which you did not make open source. i.e. just a matter of spending a few hours with the disassembler. You should know by now that the word "safe" is relative. It's never "safe"...just "safer." + The unneeded overhead of the setups and encryption.

In short, if an illegal build really wanted to have itself included, you could do little to prevent it.

+ There arent a lot of illegal builds around anyway. The only ones I can see is the version used by GGPO and the version used by 2df. Both of them have stopped updating a long time ago. I strongly doubt that they're gonna upgrade to the latest versions of FBA unless something really good...like say Naomi for example...is added to FBA. I can't imagine them being crazy for tiles and previews either.

I'm thinking of shuffle and a couple of others that crop up every now and again.
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.