Author Topic: Use button press for "analog spin" emulation? It's possible to implement?  (Read 2965 times)

Offline fastpop72

Sometimes happens that some games that use analog controls (specially trackball spins) like golf games for example.. they need different "spin-force" for each shot.

In order to play correctly, if you don't have an analog control, you have to set the Analog Speed in FBN for each shot before pressing the button.

I was asking:

It's possible to implement an "analog spin" emulation in FBN using the "hold button" press?

For example when you press and hold the "shot" button, a little overlay bar (or percentage) in the corner starts going up from 10% to 100% or further and when you release the button the FBN passes the command to the game giving an analog command with that particular speed.

I explained correctly?

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
Re: Use button press for "analog spin" emulation? It's possible to implement?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 03:25:35 AM »
if you don't have an analog control

Imho, that's your real issue here, because nothing will ever be able to replace real analog controls for those games, whatever you try.

Your idea seems possible, but a lot of work, furthermore i've seen some games using this kind of control behavior as a game concept (or probably as a workaround for their lack of proper analog controls) and it was never an easy way to handle the force of a shot. So, tbh, i'm not sure it's a workaround worth implementing.