Author Topic: macros  (Read 5426 times)

Offline gheb

macros
« on: February 20, 2021, 05:27:24 PM »
Can you work on macros? special moves or DMs assigned on one button...i know winkawaks had this option. any similar option here?

Offline Neildark

Re: macros
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 04:28:31 AM »
The truth is that it would be a great addition, especially for fans of fighting games. There are some cheats / tricks that allow for easy moves or training mode, but they are very few, and considering that there are over a thousand fighting games on FB Neo, some of them with very cumbersome implementation of DMs and Special Moves (I'm trying with Art of Fighting 2 now, and it's almost impossible to do some of them), it would be great to be able to 'play' with that option. Naturally it is just a suggestion, I wish I had the knowledge to analyze how it is in winkawaks and add it, but it is funny how such an important option in some genres is only in that emulator, not even in MAME xD In any case, it is just a reflection, thank you all for your work and for giving us such a versatile emulator that is updated so often. :smilie: :biggrin:

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 05:34:33 AM »
I'm pretty sure you can do that with 3rd party tools, which is good enough as far as i'm concerned since, tbh, i don't understand what is enjoyable in playing a game where every bit of difficulty was removed.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 06:34:46 AM by barbudreadmon »

Offline Neildark

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 07:53:34 AM »
I will have to investigate via Google to see what you mean, I did not know that there were specific third-party programs. As for the 'remove difficulty' thing, it is a bit relative, for example, in Art of fighting 2, Fatal Fury Special or Samurai Shodown 2 -which would be the first SNK and Capcom games-, there are many special movements and SDM that are practically impossible to use in a normal way due to poor implementation or because they are too complicated. All of this was smoothed out from KOF96s onwards, but older games are clunky. Also, and I know it is a small gamer niche, I usually record TAS games, and I find it very useful to be able to automate some of these movements.
In any case, I was only commenting on it because I did not know if it is something easy or complicated to implement, and I was curious to know what you thought.
regards! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 08:43:28 AM »
As for the 'remove difficulty' thing, it is a bit relative, for example, in Art of fighting 2, Fatal Fury Special or Samurai Shodown 2 -which would be the first SNK and Capcom games-, there are many special movements and SDM that are practically impossible to use in a normal way due to poor implementation or because they are too complicated.

Well, i have played a fair bit of fighting games with friends over the past 30 years, "practically impossible" seems to be a bit of an overstatement, but yeah i understand where it's coming from : special moves were leveraged over the years.
Anyway, yeah, there are 3rd party tools for that, and even some devices with baked-in functions. But maybe a dev will want to look into this (external contributors are always welcome), idk.

Offline tikman

• Newbies
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 11:18:15 AM »
anyway, IDK why the new cheats remove the easy moves / easy super... its more convenient using it than setting up macro every single game.....

some games with easy moves....

msh / mvsc / redearth / samsh5sp / sf2ce / ssf2t / vhunt2 / vsav / vsav2 / xmcota / xmvsf

from old cheat files...