Author Topic: Upcoming libretro patches  (Read 3768 times)

Offline Squarepusher2

Upcoming libretro patches
« on: July 24, 2013, 10:12:02 AM »
OK, so I got locked out of my previous account (Twinaphex) for some reason and couldn't get on any longer - even tried resetting my password multiple times but no e-mail ever arrived in Hotmail. So here I am posting under a new account.

Anyway, a lot changed since the last time I sent libretro patches and we now have an iOS and a Blackberry (BB10/BB Playbook) port as well. I'll be rebasing the port against the latest FBA version and then posting the patches here so they can be pushed upstream.

BTW - my dev Xbox 360 broke down (Falcon) so I am no longer able to maintain 360 - I'll try to make sure it still compiles but that's as far as I can go. Sucks really because I really wanted to improve the RetroArch port still but it is kaput (RROD) and nobody seems particularly arsed in helping out and sending over a replacement unit so it is what it is - I don't feel like plunking down a huge amount of cash again for a modded 360 like last time.

Also - RetroArch runs in Javascript now as well - FBA is obviously too big for it but I could make some 'core' versions (ie. only CPS2, everything else stripped) and post a link here. It runs really, really well for what it is - asm.js with emscripten. You'll get the best performance with Firefox Nightly but Chrome runs tolerably as well.

Here is an example of SNES9x Next running on RetroArch JS -

http://toadking.com/retroarch.html

I can get a solid 60fps out of Yoshi's Island on a Core i5 3210m notebook with Linux as OS and Firefox Nightly as browser (Intel HD 4K GPU). Sound is currently disabled - we're waiting on the emscriptem devs to merge an OpenAL patch so that we can get sound running as well).

There's also a TyrQuake RetroArch core -

http://toadking.com/quake.html

Feed it both PAK0.PAK/PAK1.PAK and it should work.

Also -the next platform port for RetroArch 1.0.0 is going to be Windows Surface RT (and a more native OSX port). This will coincide with a new Metro GUI for RetroArch Windows in case people want to use that - we'll be putting some more emphasis on the kind of UI stuff people want - like menubars in the Win32 port and stuff like that.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:16:01 AM by Squarepusher2 »