Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

Scanlines + Fullscreen = black borders :/

(1/3) > >>

manliodp:
Hi guys,
when i activate the scanlines + fullscreen the image get scaled in a wrong way (smaller than expected) so the presence of horizontal borders (see attached image).
Without the scanlines the image is scaled correctly; this happens with all the blitters (dd,dx7,dx9).
Could this issue be fixed, please?

Thank you for all your effort to make this great emulator! :D

edit: sorry for the big image iq_132!

manliodp:
Ok, nvm, i can reply to my self :)
I've just found out that when the scanlines are active the vertical resolution of the inner frame is the current biggest multple of 224 (original cps2 Y res) and the horizontal one is new Y res/3*4 (to mantain cps2 4:3 aspect ratio).
Ok so to achieve the smallest black frame 640*480 is the best res when scanlines are active (~597 * 448).

On another note, i really think that monitor aspect ratio properties should only affect fullscreen and not windowed visualization (-> strecteched window in cases where you have a widescreen monitor and want to play 4:3 fullscreen).

Bye!

rubens4141:
I'm not quite sure I understand you correctly but.....

resolution of the original arcade game, much higher than 640 * 480 pixels.

so original arcade screen size is larger than our the PC monitor.

I am , played 50-inch to size on screen , street fighter 2 games,     an arcade room  in Istanbul , and there is not no way  anywhere distortion at, to display image   .

( even so belonging to  Far East  was a copy of the original arcade game ) 

iq_132:

--- Quote from: rubens4141 on December 03, 2010, 09:30:44 AM ---resolution of the original arcade game, much higher than 640 * 480 pixels.

so original arcade screen size is larger than our the PC monitor. 

--- End quote ---
For the most part, no. Most games are significantly less than 640x480.
CPS1/CPS2/CPS3 games are all 384x224, for example.

rubens4141:

--- Quote from: iq_132 on December 03, 2010, 01:06:28 PM ---For the most part, no. Most games are significantly less than 640x480.
CPS1/CPS2/CPS3 games are all 384x224, for example.

--- End quote ---

Thank you very much for your answer.

İf so   then  how we could play Street Fighter II': Champion Edition, at 50 inches in size on the screen?   ( without even the slightest distortion in the image ) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version