Final Burn Neo > FBN Development

split topic : lightgun issues

(1/10) > >>

StormedBubbles:
Hello,

Thanks again for adding Super Russian Roulette! It runs very well in the Libretro port of FBNeo on my Raspberry Pi 4B. I do have a couple questions about the lightgun support for NES. Please pardon my ignorance if there is an easy solution to this that I missed. I browsed the documentation but didn't notice these particular issues.

The game recognizes my Sinden lightgun's trigger, but the gun doesn't move the crosshairs like it does in arcade games when in "Lightgun" mode. It seems that the emulator requires "Port 2" to be where the gun is plugged in (like real NES hardware typically does) for the trigger to be recognized, but only in "Mouse" mode will the crosshairs move. The movement there is a bit erratic. In "Lightgun" mode, the crosshairs seem to be stuck to the middle of the screen and then disappear after some inactivity.

Further, I can't seem to get the game to register an offscreen shot. The "Gun Reload" RetroArch input mapping doesn't seem to function in this game, while "Gun Aux A" also registers an onscreen shot. Unfortunately, the game requires offscreen shots to advance, as onscreen shots only really serve as Easter Eggs. You can destroy stuff in the foreground or agitate/kill the cowboy character.

I was thinking that perhaps I was missing a BIOS file, but it seems that only FDS requires a BIOS for NES-related stuff on FBNeo.

barbudreadmon:
Thanks for the report ! There was indeed a problem with nes+lightgun on the libretro port, it should be ok now.

dink:
StormedBubbles,
Please bear with us, this game is being feisty.. :)  I'll try to have this offscreen shot issue fixed by later today or tomorrow.

best regards,
- dink

StormedBubbles:
Thank you both so much! Take your time, and I'll be happy to test it out when it's ready.

EDIT: I also noticed that offscreen shots don't seem to work with arcade games either. I typically jump around with different emulators when trying various games and didn't think much about this issue before, but perhaps this is a wider issue than just with NES.

dink:

--- Quote from: StormedBubbles on January 01, 2022, 06:12:21 PM ---Thank you both so much! Take your time, and I'll be happy to test it out when it's ready.

EDIT: I also noticed that offscreen shots don't seem to work with arcade games either. I typically jump around with different emulators when trying various games and didn't think much about this issue before, but perhaps this is a wider issue than just with NES.

--- End quote ---

Can you tell me some of the arcade games w/lightgun that have this problem?  also, can you try it with a mouse or gamepad and see if it works?
Most games register offscreen for reloading when the gun retical is all the way to the top, bottom or sides, in some games we've even added a fake "reload" button to make things easier for controller users.

best regards,
- dink

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version