Author Topic: Controller problems on linux  (Read 2549 times)

Offline akafox

• Newbies
Controller problems on linux
« on: November 04, 2020, 05:03:36 PM »
I am on ubuntu 20.04 and I am using FBN 1.0.0.0 

When I use the keyboard player 1 maps to the keyboard and player 2 maps to my controller...but still has the same problems as described below.

When I use the -joy switch the joystick is found and everything works great...well sort of.

With my generic X-Box controller the controls defaults to the analog stick. It's fine for some games but not fighting games. I tried remapping the controls but my config is not saved for some reason. Actually it makes a NEW config for the game again...not sure why.

With my SNES pad I do have control..well half of it. I don't have up or down at ALL left/right and all buttons works just fine. But as I stated above, if I try to make any changes to the config file...

Am I missing something here...and if so what is it? (Yes i can used joy2key or antimicrox for now but I thought i would just pass this along so you are aware...or in case I am missing something.

Thanks again! :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 10:53:11 PM by akafox »

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
Re: Controller problems on linux
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2020, 01:12:38 AM »
The sdl2 port is still early WIP, thanks for the feedbacks.

If you want a more mature port available on linux, i recommend retroarch with our libretro core.

Offline akafox

• Newbies
Re: Controller problems on linux
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 12:14:20 AM »
I use the retroarch core yes..and love it (THANK YOU!) Hey no problem..which i could help code...but I can test the hell out of it if that will help!  :p :biggrin:

but i like to know there are stand alone emus out there too...

(I've had to use a stand alone emu to figure out why a libretro core was not working many many times...)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 10:51:39 PM by akafox »