Author Topic: FB Alpha for PS3 [by Lantus]  (Read 38009 times)

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
FB Alpha for PS3 [by Lantus]
« on: November 10, 2010, 06:35:04 AM »
Can't wait for this to come out for my new JailBreaked PS3 xD LOL...

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/final-burn-alpha-ps3-%5Bcoming-soon%5D-68868/

I can do beta testing for you Lantus >__> xD haha! (I have: Slim PS3 160GB, 3.41 fw, hermes 4b / pl3, TI-84+)

Good job :), keep the good progress!

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 09:06:12 PM by CaptainCPS-X »

Offline lantus

• Expert
Re: FB Alpha for PS3 [by Lantus][coming soon]
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 10:15:46 AM »
its coming soon :)

right now im struggling with the audio code, i get the occasional annoying pop or skip during emulation and its bugging me. But most of everything else is completed. First release probably will be missing lots of UI options that the 360 version has but the goal is to get them in sync on one codebase.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
Re: FB Alpha for PS3 [by Lantus][coming soon]
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 09:05:57 PM »
Woot! Checking news at PSGroove.com I found out that FBANext for PS3 (PlayStation 3) is out! ^^ Excellent work Lantus! Im gonna test it ASAP and if I get the time in some days I might setup the environment to compile it and experiment a couple of things I have in mind =)

FBANext-PS3 Working Test Version

FB Alpha (formerly Final Burn Alpha), based on the original Final Burn source code, is a multi-arcade emulator.

Capcom CPS-1 /// Capcom CPS-2 /// Capcom CPS-3
Cave /// Neo Geo /// Sega System 16 /// Toaplan /// Taito /// Psikyo 68EC020
Plus Other Misc Great Arcade Systems

ROMS: Put your roms on a usb stick in > /FBANext-ROMS/

CONTROLS:

* SELECT - Insert Coin
    * START - Start
    * L2 - Return to browser

SOURCE: https://code.google.com/p/fba360/

PACKAGE: FBANEXT-PS3-R364 (via) Multiupload

I recommend restarting the emulator between games to avoid stability issues.

Thanks to Lantus for all the amazing improvements!

Who needs GT5 when you can enjoy the likes of Final Fight, Metal Slug, Street Fighter Alpha!

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/fbanext-ps3-working-test-version-71078/

SeeYaa!

Offline lantus

• Expert
Re: FB Alpha for PS3 [by Lantus]
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 12:25:23 AM »
Someone built a codebase against the current unfinished WIP on my source repository so its far from completed and there are many bugs.

In any case enjoy it and watch out for a proper build coming soon (ie with 4p controller support/savestates/button mappings/dip switches etc)

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 06:11:04 AM »
Someone built a codebase against the current unfinished WIP on my source repository so its far from completed and there are many bugs.

In any case enjoy it and watch out for a proper build coming soon (ie with 4p controller support/savestates/button mappings/dip switches etc)

Oh now I see! :), I tested it and at least the emulation part is going very well ^^. Input mapping would be so awesome! and of course everything else you mentioned.

Again, I have to say excellent work Lantus, I am very motivated to get some free time to explore PS3 Homebrew development so I can help with FBANext, at least in what Im good, User Interface ^^.

Btw, what SDK do you use to build your source? AerialX's one (PSL1GHT)? or the other one?

Take care man!

SeeYaa!

Offline lantus

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 11:14:21 AM »
Its the official one - for now

if and when PSL1GHT matures, i will probably move it over, or at least maintain another port.

i should take the opportunity here to thank the fba dev team - kev specifically for the work we did earlier this year to make FBA big endian friendly and get the xbox 360 port running - those changes worked well for the PS3 build and should carry over easily to other big endian platforms, wii for example

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 12:04:22 PM »
Its the official one - for now

if and when PSL1GHT matures, i will probably move it over, or at least maintain another port.

i should take the opportunity here to thank the fba dev team - kev specifically for the work we did earlier this year to make FBA big endian friendly and get the xbox 360 port running - those changes worked well for the PS3 build and should carry over easily to other big endian platforms, wii for example

Thanks for the info ^^ I am setting up my environment now, btw I found a very nice PS3 SDK documentation (PS3_SDKDoc_e.chm [CRC32: D0194036]), I bet you know about it already but if you don't have it, just let me know and I will reach your PM inbox :).

Btw, is the SDK around 156mb compressed and ~500mb uncompressed? I found out this one (v160.008)

When I finish setting it up, Im gonna try compiling a sample application to see if everything is good, before trying to compile FBANext :)

SeeYaa!

kev

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 02:01:15 PM »
Cool, Good work man :)

And I just wish I had some more time to help out - i've not even had chance to turn my PS3 on for about a month which really sucks. If it weren't for the money I would hate being a contractor lol.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 02:21:40 PM »
OMG >.< Im having a hard time making a PKG file using PS3_PKG_Tool_v0.5, LMAO, I made the PARAM.SFO and have the EBOOT.BIN ready with the package.conf in place but it is giving me some errors about MSYS.

Im running Win7 x64 now, prolly it has to do something with it.

Lantus, I will appreciate if you shared with me how do you compile your source and make the PKG file? Im not used to all this process xD LOL to build a simple 'Hello World' application

Thanks in advance man! I just wanna start coding stuff and testing :p

SeeYaa!

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 04:40:07 PM »
Finallly I was able to make a PKG file and avoid the errors, :) Imma try it now and see what I get ^^

SeeYaa!

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 05:40:25 PM »
For some reason when I finish compiling FBANext and making a package, the final PKG size is not around 16MB, it is around 33MB... O__O

I bet it is because I am using MSYS console to compile [?] and maybe its making a complete build of both 360 + PS3 code [?] xD LOL

I will try to build it using the MSVC project file instead of MSYS and see what happens :p

SeeYaa!

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 06:31:56 PM »
Lantus, I will wait until you make some kind of compiling documentation because Im still getting compilation issues, like for example MSVC cant find some header files like 'pthread.h' and 'unistd.h' and I have tried many things but keep getting errors :(, I adjusted my system environment variables to match FBANext project ones.

I will give up for today but tomorrow I will probably try again

SeeYaa!

Offline lantus

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 09:20:51 PM »
The MSVC project file wont work unless you have the PS3 SDK with Visual Studio Integration. You want to use the Makefile as you did previously. The final pkg being 33 meg is kinda strange - that is the EBOOT.BIN size i get before the ppu-lvl2-strip command strips it down to 15meg.

did you do a make clean;make;make pkg ?

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 10:00:07 PM »
The MSVC project file wont work unless you have the PS3 SDK with Visual Studio Integration. You want to use the Makefile as you did previously. The final pkg being 33 meg is kinda strange - that is the EBOOT.BIN size i get before the ppu-lvl2-strip command strips it down to 15meg.

did you do a make clean;make;make pkg ?

WOOT! That was it! I made a 'make clean' then 'make' then finally 'make pkg' .. thanks Lantus now the final PKG is ~16MB :D, the package installs successfully on the PS3 and runs well too!

btw, I was making my pkg file manually, but this way its easier ^^

Thanks so much man! Now I can start trying a few things! :D

SeeYaa!

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2010, 11:26:50 AM »
Just posting to share my modified ICON0.PNG with fixed aspect ratio and a simple title text.

You can use it Lantus, later I will make a better one when I manage to re-install Photoshop :)

SeeYaa!