Author Topic: Kenshiro's Stuff  (Read 63697 times)

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: Kenshiro's Stuff
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2010, 06:00:06 PM »
with the help of iq_132.

Nice work, but I have no idea why you're crediting me lol

Woot! Nice progress and congrats on porting a driver! I have been trying to port a few drivers but get stuck on some parts that I don't have a clue how they would be in FBA, but with time I believe I will finally will be able to port something :p

Oh and IQ is my master as well! ^^ I wanna be like him when I grow up LOL! xD

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

If you'd get on msn more we would remedy that. ;)

Offline kenshiro

• Expert
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2010, 02:59:28 PM »
Get working another game from Marine Boy driver, Springer :)

Offline philexile

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2011, 01:07:18 PM »
Hey Ken,

I was just curious if you'd be willing to do another small update (I think) to FINAL BURN LEGENDS.

Cospefogo and I have been creating perfect pixel INIs for all the games supported by FBL. 480i/p modes only. (I've found that 720p mode doesn't really matter unless you want a pretty menu)

Its been going really well, although, we've discovered a slight bug. When you rotate a game by 90 or 270 degrees - it makes it impossible to find the correct perfect pixel ration. It appears that instead of rotating the game 270 degrees, it rotates it 271 (or 269) instead. This makes the screen very slightly crooked and its impossible to calibrate it properly.

Is this something you could maybe take a look at? If you want, I could supply my custom INIs with the release for those perfect pixel nerds out there.

Thanks (and kisses)

Offline kenshiro

• Expert
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2011, 04:25:09 PM »
Sorry for the late repply :p

I don't manage to release a 1.4, since i lost most of my interest for emulation, especially for Xbox related stuff. I haven't touch or coded something related to emulation since more than one year, i'm really out of it now.

For your pixel problem, i'm not really sure to understand what you mean. Moo.

Offline philexile

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2011, 09:43:07 AM »
No problem, I still moo you, Kenshiro!

Its funny you messaged back today, because JUST last night a friend of mine that knows how to code a bit, made a tweak and fixed the problem. More on that soon.

Also, do you know if FBL supports 128 RAM upgrades? If not, how hard would that be to add?

What have you been up to by the way?

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 09:47:55 AM by philexile »

Offline kenshiro

• Expert
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2011, 04:52:33 PM »
No problem, I still moo you, Kenshiro!

Its funny you messaged back today, because JUST last night a friend of mine that knows how to code a bit, made a tweak and fixed the problem. More on that soon.

Cool. :)

Also, do you know if FBL supports 128 RAM upgrades? If not, how hard would that be to add?

Probably easy to do. Check the XDK documentation to see which API would do it nicely.However, If you wanna take advantages of the 128MB of RAM you have to rewrite some pieces of code, i mean all the games who uses VMM code.

Because VMM code will slowdown loading time a lot, cause sprites data are writen to the HDD and sometimes with a very few RAM. So it could be very slow.

For CPS2 for example (also Cave, Psykio...), you can safely remove all VMM code. You have definitely to rewrite the Neogeo code from scratch (i mean take the original FBA code), cause almost every sprites routine has been rewriten to run with 64Mo (that was a real pain! :wink:). This way the Neogeo games will load very fast :biggrin: Watch out, some huges sets like KOF2003 PCB will probably crash and still need a VMM.

What have you been up to by the way?

Work and my son takes almost all time, i have been busy with Linux exams too :)

Kiss,
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 04:54:12 PM by kenshiro »

Offline Bigby

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2011, 08:03:47 PM »
Hey Kenshiro, good to hear from you.

This might interest you, I dunno  :wink:

EmuXtras.net - FBL Xtras
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 08:04:52 PM by Bigby »