Author Topic: Anybody know what button combination is used on the Outrunners service mode?  (Read 3282 times)

Offline JoelH

• Newbies
Anybody know what button combination is used on the Outrunners service mode?

Offline geese howard

Anybody know what button combination is used on the Outrunners service mode?

Service, Service 1, 2 and 3 are mapped as 9 key.
Change one and you can navigate (key 1 used to change options and 9 to confirm).

Offline JoelH

• Newbies
Service, Service 1, 2 and 3 are mapped as 9 key.
Change one and you can navigate (key 1 used to change options and 9 to confirm).
Tried that. Didn't work.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
JoelH,
Map service 1 to some key (Z for example.)  Use F2 to enter service mode, Z to move, then F2 to select.

best regards,
- dink

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
JoelH,
Map service 1 to some key (Z for example.)  Use F2 to enter service mode, Z to move, then F2 to select.

best regards,
- dink

From his pasts messages, i think he is using the libretro port where i forgot to map this key, it should be ok now.
@JoelH please don't forget to mention the platform you are using if that's not the standard one, it makes conversation less awkward :)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 02:36:05 AM by barbudreadmon »

Offline JoelH

• Newbies
From his pasts messages, i think he is using the libretro port where i forgot to map this key, it should be ok now.
@JoelH please don't forget to mention the platform you are using if that's not the standard one, it makes conversation less awkward :)

Yeah I'm using Libretro, sorry about that. I actually plugged in a USB keyboard and it didn't work anyway even after I mapped the 9 key to a button on my gamepad.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
Yeah I'm using Libretro, sorry about that. I actually plugged in a USB keyboard and it didn't work anyway even after I mapped the 9 key to a button on my gamepad.

On libretro port, the service button is actually mapped to gamepad's R3 (you can remap it through retroarch)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 10:38:11 AM by barbudreadmon »

Offline JoelH

• Newbies
On libretro port, the service button is actually mapped to gamepad's R3 (you can remap it through retroarch)

Unless I'm very mistaken there's no option for the service button at all in Retroarch

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
Unless I'm very mistaken there's no option for the service button at all in Retroarch

Yeah, it seems i did a mistake when committing my code this morning, now it should work (i can't test right now, let me know)

Offline JoelH

• Newbies
Yeah, it seems i did a mistake when committing my code this morning, now it should work (i can't test right now, let me know)
It's working now. Thanks!

EDIT: Aaaand the fix has been copied over to Rad Mobile so I don't have to futz with it. Terrific! =D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 05:51:07 PM by JoelH »