Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

[Request] Fantasy Zone other version

(1/9) > >>

tenpar:
Three of the Fantasy Zone in the PS2 Fantasy Zone Complete Collection version are not supported (one seems to be already supported as fantzone).
Two of them are newer sets than fantzone, and one of them seems to be a non-protected version of fantzonep.
Can you please support them in the same way as the SYSTEM 16C version of Fantasy Zone II?

All of them can be extracted from the FZCC CD with the tool "fzcc_unpack.zip" and can be changed to the same format as existing ROMs by referring to the following (in Japanese).

http://zarala.g2.xrea.com/soft/fzcc_unknown.txt

In PS2, there is a bug that the final boss does not drop tears, but this seems to be a bug on the source side, not a bug in the ROM.

tenpar:
I don't know if this post helped, but thanks for adding as fantznps2!

dink:
Hi tenpar,
This one was a team effort, barbudreadmon added the set, then I figured out the alternate sprite banking so it would actually display all of the sprites. 
There might still be a bug in this one, because I wasn't able to play through the entire game yet.  Bank 2 was mapped to 8, but where does bank 8 map to... 2?  Well, we won't know for sure until a full playtest is done

If you end up in a place with missing sprites, please post a savestate! :)

best regards,
- dink

tenpar:
Thank you for your efforts.
I found a problem with the base disappearing once the game is reset.
It would also be great if you could add dip switch items such as continue enable/disable as they seem to be missing.

dink:
Hi tenpar,
thanks for testing and finding that bug, I'll see what I can do :)

Can you explain what you mean in the first message:
"In PS2, there is a bug that the final boss does not drop tears, but this seems to be a bug on the source side, not a bug in the ROM."
Is there a video of what the boss is supposed to do on youtube by chance?  I beat the final boss last night, and its eye "watered" in the ending sequence, but tears didn't come out.

best regards,
- dink

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version