Author Topic: Street Fighter Zero 3 Mix 0.23  (Read 7417 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: Street Fighter Zero 3 Mix 0.22
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2023, 01:08:14 AM »
Zero800, Hi, I got it nearly 100% complete on fbneo! 

How can I test the samples playback to verify everything is OK?

I noticed this:
when in F2 (service mode) -> "6. Dot Cross Hatch", it's corrupted?  In .21, it was OK
in .22, it's missing the nice attract music+animations before titlescreen, how to re-enable it?

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2023, 01:47:39 AM »
@Zero800,
last question, I think:
Does m68k really need 32mhz? .. and z80 need 16mhz? :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2023, 09:13:19 PM »
zero800, maybe a bug in .22: when at the titlescreen, press coin, and a column of pixels goes black on the left side of the screen.  Happens in mame, and fbneo.

best regards,
- dink

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2023, 09:34:57 AM »
I'll mention this here just in case zero800 is interested.

The sprites are stretched in both MAME and FBNeo with the 16:9 DAR, because the hack doesn't conserve the PAR (pixel aspect ratio) from the original game. With a different PAR, you'll be either stretching or thinning the original sprites.
A game like sfiii manage to keep the same PAR (within a small margin) when switching between normal and wide screen modes, which is why the characters don't end up looking fat.

Looking at wikipedia, the formula for PAR is "DAR / (width/height)", so we'd need to solve the "(4/3) / (384/224) = (the_ratio_we_want) / (416/234)" equation to keep the PAR, which means a custom ratio of 112:81 would work.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 02:24:08 AM by barbudreadmon »

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2023, 03:24:52 AM »
@zero800 i also noticed your driver enumerates R2E and L2E as sample files, while the 2 samples you provide in your zip files are named R2e.wav and L2e.wav.
While that might be ok with case-insensitive OS (windows only ?), i don't think it will with case-sensitive OS. You should probably rename those 2 sample files in the zips you provide so that they match your driver.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 04:08:44 AM by barbudreadmon »

Offline zero800

• Newbies
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2023, 01:12:02 PM »
Hi dink,

Sorry for the delay to answer you.
I had already fixed this for version 0.23, I haven't finished it yet but I put version 0.22f (beta of 0.23) on the website for download.
I also corrected the lowercase letter of the samples.

6. Dot Cross Hatch", it's corrupted?
Yes, it's defective but I haven't put any priority on fixing it.

the background graphics do not use rom banks and the area designated in sfa3 was already full. I had to move all the graphics that weren't in the background to another area. At the opening, portraits are taken in the area reserved for backgrounds. After I moved it, the portraits didn't appear in the opening and that's why I removed it.

about m68k 32mhz? .. and z80 need 16mhz? I don't understand much about this but I thought that doing this reduced some lag or other that I had. The game runs on original CPS2 specifications

Let me know later if version 0.22f is working correctly in FBNeo or do I need to adjust more things to get 0.23 out.

zero800, maybe a bug in .22: when at the titlescreen, press coin, and a column of pixels goes black on the left side of the screen.  Happens in mame, and fbneo.

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 05:18:24 PM by zero800 »

Offline Neildark

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2023, 04:20:48 PM »
Hello zero800, good job with the hack, it is one of my favorites, especially because of the KOF touch in the gameplay and the new soundtrack, have you thought about putting the endings back? Beating the game and having the Game Over come out directly, even if the endings were not a big deal, is not cool.

Regards, and thanks for your work. :cool:

Offline zero800

• Newbies
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2023, 05:22:08 PM »
Hello zero800, good job with the hack, it is one of my favorites, especially because of the KOF touch in the gameplay and the new soundtrack, have you thought about putting the endings back? Beating the game and having the Game Over come out directly, even if the endings were not a big deal, is not cool.

Regards, and thanks for your work. :cool:

The base rom used was sfa3us and not sfa3 because it still has debug mode active. The sfa3us rom has no endings... it only appears game over. I don't know if I can redo everything just by looking at the original sfa3.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2023, 09:10:09 PM »
Hi,
I added .22f to fbneo, and did a test-game, things seem nice so far!  I suggest to wait a few days and see if the great bugfinders of neosource forum will notice and report anything, before releasing .23 :)

best regards,
- dink

Hi dink,

Sorry for the delay to answer you.
I had already fixed this for version 0.23, I haven't finished it yet but I put version 0.22f (beta of 0.23) on the website for download.
I also corrected the lowercase letter of the samples.

Offline zero800

• Newbies
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2023, 09:56:25 AM »
dink,

I just have to thank you for all the effort you put into making this work.
Thanks also to the entire FBNeo community who agreed to include this imaginary and fantasy hardware, but that was just to be able to include as many extras as possible.

Thank you very much dink!

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2023, 09:43:32 AM »
zero800, no problem! :)

Maybe you can help with this problem:
At start, blue animated Z only displays on the first 1/3 of the screen (bad?)
At "next level", blue animated Z displays on full screen (normal)
Any ideas what is wrong?

best regards,
- dink

Offline zero800

• Newbies
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2023, 06:40:28 PM »
Hi dink,

When the screen size was increased, parts were missing at the beginning and end of the image, which is divided into 3 parts.
I managed to enlarge the image to complete the screen, but the movement animation was done via programming and I don't know how to fix it.
When I leave the 3 images at their original size, the animation works but doesn't fill the entire screen:(

Zero800

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2023, 12:32:05 AM »
Well, if this is the case: look at the code for the "level transition" animation, maybe you can use the same code/animation for "begin game" screen?
Since level transition works perfectly :)

best regards,
- dink

Hi dink,

When the screen size was increased, parts were missing at the beginning and end of the image, which is divided into 3 parts.
I managed to enlarge the image to complete the screen, but the movement animation was done via programming and I don't know how to fix it.
When I leave the 3 images at their original size, the animation works but doesn't fill the entire screen:(

Zero800

Offline zero800

• Newbies
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2023, 12:48:53 PM »
Well, if this is the case: look at the code for the "level transition" animation, maybe you can use the same code/animation for "begin game" screen?

best regards,
- dink

Your idea was great, I diverted there but it still didn't work. But at least I managed to skip the animation and not show the glitch.
I've published 0.23.

Thanks again dink for all your efforts! 

Offline zero800

• Newbies
Re: Street Fighter Zero 3 Mix 0.23
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2023, 05:37:57 PM »

best regards,
- dink

Hi dink,

Some people have told me that the samples are too loud in relation to the game.
I've noticed that in the Mame drive I turn the volume down a little during playback and that's why there's a difference in volume.

//Zero800
   SAMPLES(config, m_samples_l);
   m_samples_l->set_channels(1);
   m_samples_l->set_samples_names(samples_id_l);
   m_samples_l->add_route(0, "lspeaker", 0.1); ---------> volume 0.1

SAMPLES(config, m_samples_r);
   m_samples_r->set_channels(1);
   m_samples_r->set_samples_names(samples_id_r);
   m_samples_r->add_route(0, "rspeaker", 0.1); ---------> volume 0.1

is it also possible to do this on FBNeo?