Author Topic: FB Neo Bugs Reports  (Read 158911 times)

Offline the_maq

Re: FB Neo Bugs Reports
« Reply #885 on: July 16, 2022, 09:19:08 PM »
It's working again with the new update cheers :cool:
P.S. the images i use consist of four files
CCD
CUE
IMG
and SUB

thanks.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 10:55:49 PM by the_maq »

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #886 on: July 17, 2022, 01:27:06 AM »
the_maq thanks for confirming :)

Offline the_maq

« Reply #887 on: August 08, 2022, 10:22:18 PM »
@Dink: the select stage cheat doesn't work for turtles in time? but there's no problem with the rest of them.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 12:26:57 AM by the_maq »

Offline ben.shinobi

« Reply #888 on: August 09, 2022, 03:13:33 AM »
I've noticed a strange bug with FBN on Retroarch. When I load legend of hero Tonma (jap version, lohtj.zip), I got the World version ??
The rom is correct because when I load the same lohtj.zip with mame core (current), I got the japan version, so I think FBN is reponsible ?
Another question, why there are no warning japan copyright text at start for Irem M72 roms ? (R-Type is the only exception)

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #889 on: August 09, 2022, 09:26:16 AM »
@Dink: the select stage cheat doesn't work for turtles in time? but there's no problem with the rest of them.

grab the new cheat.dat - it fixes the entry for the stage select cheat: https://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=139.msg34387#msg34387

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #890 on: August 09, 2022, 10:34:41 AM »
I've noticed a strange bug with FBN on Retroarch. When I load legend of hero Tonma (jap version, lohtj.zip), I got the World version ??

The loaded romset is clearly the japan version. Why do you think it is actually the world version ?

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #891 on: August 09, 2022, 12:24:52 PM »
The rom is correct because when I load the same lohtj.zip with mame core (current), I got the japan version, so I think FBN is reponsible ?
Another question, why there are no warning japan copyright text at start for Irem M72 roms ? (R-Type is the only exception)

I didn't hook up the protection MCU yet for IREM M72, and its this mcu which stuffs the warning into vram.  This mcu isn't very important, which is why emulating it has a really low priority.  It doesn't control game logic, it just gets the game to boot and a couple tiny other things & that's it.  The "simulation/hack" which we use now does that just fine.

best regards,
- dink

Offline ben.shinobi

« Reply #892 on: August 09, 2022, 01:03:54 PM »
The loaded romset is clearly the japan version. Why do you think it is actually the world version ?

Difficulty is lower on the japan version. There are more enemies in the world revision (which is very rare because most of the western arcade revision have lower difficulty, but not for Tonma).
I've made 2 replays with both counter stop (on pcb and on mame), so I know really well both versions : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqZUIyT8c0OImPBeGJhGJcfClWc0ZYg6w
I recognise that the differences between the two versions are subtle for the average player.
Also, why I can see the differences when I load the same jap rom with mame ? (and not with FBN)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 01:10:05 PM by ben.shinobi »

Offline the_maq

« Reply #893 on: August 10, 2022, 07:17:54 PM »
grab the new cheat.dat - it fixes the entry for the stage select cheat: https://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=139.msg34387#msg34387
Sorted, thanks a bunch.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 07:19:22 PM by the_maq »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #894 on: August 10, 2022, 08:49:28 PM »
Difficulty is lower on the japan version. There are more enemies in the world revision (which is very rare because most of the western arcade revision have lower difficulty, but not for Tonma).
I've made 2 replays with both counter stop (on pcb and on mame), so I know really well both versions : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqZUIyT8c0OImPBeGJhGJcfClWc0ZYg6w
I recognise that the differences between the two versions are subtle for the average player.
Also, why I can see the differences when I load the same jap rom with mame ? (and not with FBN)

Can you please tell me exactly how - like, the easiest way to tell the differences?  I loaded up loht and lohtj with mame and played the games side-by-side and couldn't notice a difference.  Once I can do this, I will be able to look into the problem in fbneo :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline Stifu

« Reply #895 on: August 11, 2022, 03:20:26 AM »
I just tried Ninja Emaki, and I'm quite confused. Just moving around (using a keyboard) will randomly teleport you from time to time.
Is that supposed to happen? Or maybe the game reacts poorly to direction inputs that were not possible on the original cabinet? Thank you.

Offline Tatsuya79

• Newbies
« Reply #896 on: August 11, 2022, 05:14:52 AM »
Probably the usual simultaneously pressed down opposite directions bug.
It's not happening with a gamepad/joystick.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #897 on: August 11, 2022, 08:49:24 PM »
I just tried Ninja Emaki, and I'm quite confused. Just moving around (using a keyboard) will randomly teleport you from time to time.
Is that supposed to happen? Or maybe the game reacts poorly to direction inputs that were not possible on the original cabinet? Thank you.

Hi Stifu,
As Tatsuya79 said, some games don't like opposing directions pressed (even accidentally).  Driver has been fixed, thanks for your bug report :)

p.s. did you see this update - added the color filter to Navarone a few weeks back :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline Stifu

« Reply #898 on: August 12, 2022, 02:32:58 AM »
Driver has been fixed, thanks for your bug report :)

Thanks!

p.s. did you see this update - added the color filter to Navarone a few weeks back :)

Yes, I did, thank you!
I just thought it'd be bad to spam thank you comments every time (and so I just use that "applaud" link thing thinking maybe you get a notification or something), but I am grateful for all of your work.

Offline ben.shinobi

« Reply #899 on: August 12, 2022, 02:39:22 AM »
Can you please tell me exactly how - like, the easiest way to tell the differences?  I loaded up loht and lohtj with mame and played the games side-by-side and couldn't notice a difference.  Once I can do this, I will be able to look into the problem in fbneo :)

I must admit it's not easy to see if you're lambda Tonma player. All the differences during the first 4 stages are very subtles.
In stage 1, the respawn vampire enemies is higher in world version (maybe 20/30% faster than the jap version)
In stage 2, at start, all the first enemies shoot at you quicker and their bullets are faster. The boss shoot also more bullets.
In stage 3 & 4, there are little more enemies but it's not easy to see. (both boss seems to have identical pattern)
In stage 5, enemies (blue soldiers) respawn much more faster and they're more resistant (boss have identical pattern)
In stage 6, there are more ghosts and flying skeletons. The boss pattern is more difficult. You can easly see it.
In Final boss stage 7, There are 3 big birds (for every pattern) in world revision while there are only 2 in Japan version.
I will try to study other differences between both version.
I share here 2 run on both version with mame (INP file to playback) to help you. I can made video if you want ?
https://we.tl/t-tvVgvFD6UZ
Thanks & best regards !!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 02:40:56 AM by ben.shinobi »