Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

What are you playing?

<< < (36/37) > >>

Bad Dude:
You guys have a great taste for games. I trying to beat Gouki in Street Fighter II Turbo. It's hard as hell!

Stifu:
I've been playing Anteater a bit. It is addictive, but I think its main weakness is that the random stage layout aspect of the game makes it unfair. When there are paths in the middle, it's much safer than we you have to take a path on the side, close to the edge of the screen.

Fun game bug I've had once but can't reproduce: I could take out my tongue from the ground and move it above the ground.

Bad Dude:

--- Quote from: Stifu on May 01, 2021, 11:04:15 AM ---I've been playing Anteater a bit. It is addictive, but I think its main weakness is that the random stage layout aspect of the game makes it unfair. When there are paths in the middle, it's much safer than we you have to take a path on the side, close to the edge of the screen.

Fun game bug I've had once but can't reproduce: I could take out my tongue from the ground and move it above the ground.

--- End quote ---

Nice. I didn't know this game. I am going to try. I'm having a beer today, America Ipa. Today is a cold day here and I'm listening some music (Jozez Van Wissem), having a nice day, you know... There is one game that i'm trying to beat. I played on the Mega Drive in the 90's. I really like this game. This game looks cute, but in my opinion is dark and macabre. I'm talking about of Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse. It's a must play, in my opinion.

dink:

--- Quote from: Stifu on May 01, 2021, 11:04:15 AM ---I've been playing Anteater a bit. It is addictive, but I think its main weakness is that the random stage layout aspect of the game makes it unfair. When there are paths in the middle, it's much safer than we you have to take a path on the side, close to the edge of the screen.

--- End quote ---

Stifu, that's a funny bug, it has happened to me before as well :)  There's a great Anteater-style game called "Go Go Mile Smile", rom-name "gogomile" that is definitely worth checking out.

bye for now,
- dink

Stifu:

--- Quote from: Bad Dude on May 01, 2021, 12:31:17 PM ---Nice. I didn't know this game. I am going to try. I'm having a beer today, America Ipa. Today is a cold day here and I'm listening some music (Jozez Van Wissem), having a nice day, you know... There is one game that i'm trying to beat. I played on the Mega Drive in the 90's. I really like this game. This game looks cute, but in my opinion is dark and macabre. I'm talking about of Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse. It's a must play, in my opinion.
--- End quote ---

Funnily, I've owned this game for 20 years or something, but never played it (the cart did not work, it was second hand that I got for free, I think). I've just finished it with my daughter watching, using save states. It is a nice early Mega Drive game. Looks good, sounds good, plays well. I see World of Illusion is very much inspired from it.

My only complaint is that you're supposed to get 7 gems, but there are only 5 worlds. To me, it sounds like they went out of time or budget and decided to cram 2 gems in each of the last 2 worlds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version