Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

IPS Patches not working

<< < (2/3) > >>

dink:
Yes :) it was a lot of work, but someone had to do it.  The IPS Manager shouldn't be such a buggy heap now :)

When there is a file with spaces, they'll have to be quoted in the .dat file.  Check out the attached new test-exe.  Also have a look at the updated patches (in md_sor2u.zip) to see what I mean about the quotes.

best regards,
- dink

dink:
After testing several .ips files from romhacking, I made the support/ips/romsetname/*.dat file a bit more lenient towards how the ips can be specified.

for example, if the ips file had .ips on the end of it - or had spaces in the filename, it would fail.  That should be OK now. :)

attached is a new test exe, and a patch for Altered Beast to use the arcade digital samples.

best regards,
- dink

dink:
More IPS fun: for Megadrive games.

Altered Beast - Arcade digital samples (voices)
Battle Mania DGG - Equalized + MIJET
Contra - Hard Corps MIJET patches
Castlevania Bloodlines enhanced colors
Raiden Trad - arcade tiles and colors
+ Streets of Rage 2 - Kurenai character addition

While testing out the IPS engine (and fixing bugs), I tried out several different game patches.  Since setting them up / creating config for them takes time - I figured it would be nice to share.   See file attachment! :)

All patches comes from http://www.romhacking.net "Sega Genesis" category under "Sections -> ROM Hacks"

best regards,
- dink

DarkShadowMD:
Oh my god! It works, it WORKS!

I can confirm you the patches work nicely, I can play with Kurenai now!

Thank you so much!

Now I assume I'll be using this debug version until the final one comes out!
I'm truly grateful, thanks for developing this awesome emu!

Thank you! <3

DarkShadowMD:
Hey! It's me once again!

I noticed the IPS Patches from Romhacking were bugged somehow (if you grabbed an enemy with Kurenai, the game bugged) after some research, I found other patches that work perfectly!

If you don't mind, I updated your IPS pack with these.

Thank you so much again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version