Author Topic: CPS-1 WIP  (Read 5985 times)

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
Re: CPS-1 WIP
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 04:11:22 PM »
SF2MDT - you might want to take a look at misfitmame, as it was developed independently of MAME. And, there is sound.  It's a bit hacky as you'd expect from a hack build, but it may provide clues. Amusingly, voices sound like chipmunks.

Thanks Robert - might take a look later on. My intention would be to get sound in Final Crash first, since it's in MAME already, and then see if the MSM5205 hookup is similar/same in the other bootlegs using it.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
Re: CPS-1 WIP
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 05:30:09 PM »
I should also point out that misfitmame has many of these other bootlegs you've been looking at, some work, some don't, some do something. Again, could be clues there. You're free to use anything you may find. Good luck!  :)

Thanks Robert.

A lot of them (MAMEPlus, misfit, shuffle, etc.), patch the roms though to avoid emulating the differences though. The sf2m1 patch I see in use is ghastly. I'm tending towards it being a bad dump at the moment, and the fact that a patch exists that just dumps 256 bytes over the rom is just crazy and makes me believe more that it is a bad dump!

Similarly, I keep reading comments in the patches like "Disable Sprite Recoding", what it basically means is patch the rom to work with the original emulation. None of my recent work has patches at all, and any patches that are currently used will be revisited. :) The only patch that I will likely allow, is to get around protection devices, for example, this one for dinoh;

Code: [Select]
static void DinohCallback()
{
// Patch Q-Sound Test ???
*((UINT16*)(CpsRom + 0xaacf4)) = 0x4e71;
}