Author Topic: Where can i find the debug release of FBNeo for windows ?  (Read 3096 times)

Offline neo888

Where can i find the debug release of FBNeo for windows ?
« on: May 29, 2023, 01:22:58 PM »
Hello,

I have seen you guys were talking about a debug release of "Final Burn Neo" that comes with a debugger, i have check the latest release on github but there is no any debug releases.

I can find a debug option in the normal release which are called "Invoke 68K debugger" this option can be found under the "Misc Menu" but unfortunately this option are greyed out i can't click on it, i even tried to run a debug command like "fbneo -debug" and "fbneo -debug game_name" but this didn't help.

Thank you in advance!

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: Where can i find the debug release of FBNeo for windows ?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 08:14:34 PM »
Hi neo888,
The debug release of fbneo is really more about having the debug console, which gives more information about what is going on (for fixing bugs, and such), than the ability to debug the emulated programs' code.  Honestly, if you want to step through the code of [any game], use mame's debugger.  FBNeo has a 68k debugger which will let you step through the code of games using a 68k processor, but, it's not very robust and limited to games with 68k. 
Anyhow, links to the debug version are located here:
https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo/releases/tag/latest

They're the files with Debug in the name - if nothing is listed there, give it a few minutes and reload.  these builds are generated every time we submit new code, and the system could be building :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline neo888

Re: Where can i find the debug release of FBNeo for windows ?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023, 04:25:45 AM »
I remember i have once seen the nightly builds tag on github but i have really forget about it also i used to use a releases parser but this one wasn't parsing the latest releases.

I thought MAME debugger was hard to use so i went to try FBNEO debugger.

I'll keep using MAME debugger due to many features that it has.

Thank you!