Author Topic: FB Alpha 0.2.96.94 Release  (Read 9002 times)

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
FB Alpha 0.2.96.94 Release
« on: August 28, 2008, 04:47:51 AM »
Quick bugfix release and a new game.

http://www.barryharris.me.uk/article_view.php?id=118
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
Re: FB Alpha 0.2.96.94 Release
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 07:47:43 AM »
Cool Barry! ^^ gonna check out that new driver and that interesting change to sys16_run.cpp!  :biggrin: Thank You!  :smilie:

btw, guys here is the what's new...

FB Alpha 0.2.96.94

* Fixed Windows Vista crash when opening the game selection dialog [Captain CPS-X]
    * Added Missing In Action to the TMNT driver [Barry]
    * Removed an unnecessary array in sys16_run.cpp reducing the exe size [Barry]

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 09:19:15 AM »
* EDIT:
I want to make clear that I cannot recreate the problem with MVCRT and the following is a possible solution for those having issues. I recommend trying FBA in different PCs and comparing results to see if this happens always or if it's a specific PC problem.

Hi everyone, I come with something for those having issues with "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime", if some of you are having problems is probably because you have an older version of the runtime library, here you have a link and information about the updated MSVCRT ...

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

Brief Description

The Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2008 installed.

Quick Details

File Name:   vcredist_x86.exe
Version: x86
Date Published: 11/29/2007
Language: English
Download Size: 1.7 MB

System Requirements

* Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista; Windows XP

* Required Software:

- Windows Installer 3.0 Windows Installer 3.1 or later is recommended. Disk Space Requirements: 6 MB (x86)

It is important that you read and follow instruction in the download page at microsoft like these instructions:

IMPORTANT: If you have installed previous pre-release versions of Visual C++ 2008 or Visual Studio 2008, such as Beta 1, Beta 2 or Community Technical Preview (CTP) builds, then you must uninstall these versions via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel before installing the final released version.

You can get the installer right here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&DisplayLang=en

or check the attachment at the bottom

Do a clean restart after installing the runtime library and check if FBA still throwing the error, I hope not since I can't recreate the problems using the following specs:

OS:  Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
CPU: GenuineIntel, P6 family
     1833 MHz, MMX, SSE, SSE2 (2 system processors)

SeeYaa!

Offline KOF2112

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 11:36:11 AM »
Thanks. Renewal. I Vista Works normally

Language document wrong

//-- "UI language"
      popup  182 "" {
              //-- "Select UI language..."
        10307  183 ""
              //-- "Export UI translation template..."
        10308  184 ""
              //-- "Reset UI default language"
        10635  185 ""
      }
            //-- "Gamelist language"
      popup  187 "" {
              //-- "Select gamelist language..."
        10648  188 ""
              //-- "Export gamelist translation template..."
        10649  189 ""
              //-- "Reset gamelist default language"
        10647  190 ""
      }
            //-- "Support files"
      popup  192 "" {
              //-- "Automatically download support files"
        10651  193 ""
      }
    }
  }
}

menu    110 {
        //-- "Basic"
  popup    0 "" {
          //-- "&No effects"

Not"Automatically download support files"Following menu option
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 11:37:21 AM by KOF2112 »

Offline 0746

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 10:06:29 PM »
* EDIT:
I want to make clear that I cannot recreate the problem with MVCRT and the following is a possible solution for those having issues. I recommend trying FBA in different PCs and comparing results to see if this happens always or if it's a specific PC problem.

Hi everyone, I come with something for those having issues with "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime", if some of you are having problems is probably because you have an older version of the runtime library, here you have a link and information about the updated MSVCRT ...

It is important that you read and follow instruction in the download page at microsoft like these instructions:

You can get the installer right here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&DisplayLang=en

or check the attachment at the bottom

Do a clean restart after installing the runtime library and check if FBA still throwing the error, I hope not since I can't recreate the problems using the following specs:

SeeYaa!
last time I checked, the vc build links statically to its crt so there shouldn't ever be a need for that.

Offline LittleKaneda

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 08:52:31 PM »
I have some useful information: Previewing flyers/titles/etc. PNGs on the game information screen with bit depths of 32 will cause FBA to immediately close.

Whether it's related to any other problem, I'll let you guys figure that out (heh) but I'm about to test other bit depths as well.

System information:

OS:  Microsoft Windows XP Personal Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
CPU: GenuineIntel, Pentium 4 "Northwood"
     2399 MHz, MMX, SSE, SSE2 (1 system processor)

Physical RAM: 1047344 KB (1022 MB) total,  520044 KB ( 507 MB) avail
Total RAM:    1998128 KB (1951 MB) total, 1598408 KB (1560 MB) avail
FB Alpha:        6236 KB in use (6236 KB peak, 11760 KB virtual)

Installed displays and display adapters:
    Plug and Play Monitor on ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 Series (primary)

Now I'm not so sure anymore. I can't tell if it's a big coincidence or something I'm not seeing yet, but two separate flyers that are both using a bit depth of 32(according to windows properties) are closing FBA: 1942.png, and kof2000.png; I haven't found any more of them yet, but even when these two are renamed to another game or moved to another tab, (titles, for example), they have the same effect: closing the emulator. I even tried converting them down to a bit depth of 8, as all the other flyers are using, but it still caused FBA to close!

:S

Update: ANYTHING converted or created newly from Photoshop will close FBA. I just saved a copy of the 1942 PNG as 24 bit depth (default), both from MsPaint and Photoshop, and only the one from MsPaint worked; The Photoshop image closed the emulator. Nothing generated from Photoshop will work in FBA, regardless of what bit depth it is.

Interesting: Although windows properties is saying 1942.png and kof2000.png are 32, my picture software says that it's 8.

/headache
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:33:19 PM by LittleKaneda »

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 02:57:38 AM »
Kaneda, thanx for the testing ^^, I have done some test in the past related to png formats and bit depths and found out that if I converted some images i could load them. But I think this issue should be handled in code too, so if the PNG loading have problems it should stop processing it since it would end up in a crash.

I will let you know know of my testing based on your findings. I think the main issue is the current structure of any PNG being loaded.

ThanX for taking some time to do those test and collaborating with info Kaneda  :smilie:, I think more ppl at least should do the same before posting errors ^^, that way developers like Barry, Kev, IQ, and others can take a better look of the issues having some info at first hand.

SeeYaa!

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 05:17:14 AM »
I have some useful information: Previewing flyers/titles/etc. PNGs on the game information screen with bit depths of 32 will cause FBA to immediately close.

Whether it's related to any other problem, I'll let you guys figure that out (heh) but I'm about to test other bit depths as well.

Now I'm not so sure anymore. I can't tell if it's a big coincidence or something I'm not seeing yet, but two separate flyers that are both using a bit depth of 32(according to windows properties) are closing FBA: 1942.png, and kof2000.png; I haven't found any more of them yet, but even when these two are renamed to another game or moved to another tab, (titles, for example), they have the same effect: closing the emulator. I even tried converting them down to a bit depth of 8, as all the other flyers are using, but it still caused FBA to close!

:S

Update: ANYTHING converted or created newly from Photoshop will close FBA. I just saved a copy of the 1942 PNG as 24 bit depth (default), both from MsPaint and Photoshop, and only the one from MsPaint worked; The Photoshop image closed the emulator. Nothing generated from Photoshop will work in FBA, regardless of what bit depth it is.

Interesting: Although windows properties is saying 1942.png and kof2000.png are 32, my picture software says that it's 8.

/headache

Thanks for the excellent testing. Can you post the pngs that are causing problems?
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline LittleKaneda

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 05:50:28 AM »
Thanks for the excellent testing. Can you post the pngs that are causing problems?

Yeah sure here are the two that I found that were causing the problem