General Emulation > Cheats

Riding Hero (set 1 & set 2)

<< < (2/3) > >>

dink:
I work on the main (windows) version of fbneo, don't know much about libretro, but I do know
that FBNeo in Retroarch natively supports the cheat.dat style of cheats, it's just a matter of putting it in the right directory(folder) and accessing the cheat menu through one of the fbneo menu's.  Hopefully barbudreadmon will be able to say how to do it.

best regards,
- dink

superdan:
Hi dink,

this night i moved far forward to my goal (make ridhero working on aes mode with lr-fbneo).
That's what i discovered:

- if i start the game and go into retroarch menu and in Quick Menu -> Cheats -> Load Cheat File, retroarch looks in the dir /home/pi/Retropie/cheats for only .cht files. In this case either .dat and .ini files dont show up. This path is also setted in retroarch.cfg and is correct.

- I googled a lot and i discovered that i must place cheat files not in that dir but in /home/pi/Retropie/BIOS/cheats/fbneo (cant understand why not in the retroarch cfg setted dir, but, anyway... )

- After that, if i start the game and i go to retroarch -> Quick Menu -> Options i FINALLY see the cheat options! This happen if i put in /home/pi/Retropie/BIOS/cheats/fbneo ridhero.ini or cheat.dat

So i can finally see in the options menu all the cheats options AND the goal entry "fix aes mode" so i set this to 1 (i tryied with both cheat files).

Now the last part of the problem (i hope):

Even if i set to 1  "fix aes mode" (doesnt matter if im using ridhero.ini or cheat.dat) the games is still slow exactly as before.

I tryied with a retroarch->quick menu->restart, with a retroarch retroarch->quick menu->resume and even saving the game config fileoverride.
The option is saved without any doubt but the problem persists.

Im using retropie, the last version of lr-fbneo on my raspberry pi4 and unibios version 2.0 setted to JAP/CONSOLE (3.3 and 4.0 versions makes neogeo games crash).
My ridhero.zip is 5.264.047 byte but i tryied also with a different romset and is the same: no changes.

Is ridhero patched aes working fine for you?
Maybe must i use both ridhero.ini and cheat.dat together in the same folder /home/pi/Retropie/BIOS/cheats/fbneo?

Thanks

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: superdan on November 23, 2022, 02:59:25 AM ---I googled a lot

--- End quote ---

Our libretro core is documented at https://docs.libretro.com/library/fbneo/.

--- Quote from: superdan on November 23, 2022, 02:59:25 AM ---Im using retropie, the last version of lr-fbneo on my raspberry pi4 and unibios version 2.0 setted to JAP/CONSOLE (3.3 and 4.0 versions makes neogeo games crash).
My ridhero.zip is 5.264.047 byte but i tryied also with a different romset and is the same: no changes.

--- End quote ---

What do you mean ? Neogeo games are working properly with latest unibios.
It seems to me you are using random romsets and experiencing issues because of this. I recommend you learn about arcade romset versioning by reading documentations, everything you need to know should be available from the documentation i linked.

@dink this cheat only seems to work with real aes bios for me on the libretro core, does it work with unibios in aes mode on standalone ?

dink:
superdan:
Can you elaborate on game's crashing with Unibios 3.3 and 4.0?  I would like to fix this problem, but need a little more info from you.

barbudreadmon:
The "Fix AES Mode" fix doesn't appear to work with Unibios 4.0 on my side, but setting it to Japanese Console BIOS - it definitely helps

best regards,
- dink

superdan:

--- Quote from: barbudreadmon on November 23, 2022, 08:15:57 AM ---Our libretro core is documented at https://docs.libretro.com/library/fbneo/.

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

--- Quote from: dink on November 23, 2022, 09:33:57 AM ---superdan:
Can you elaborate on game's crashing with Unibios 3.3 and 4.0?  I would like to fix this problem, but need a little more info from you.

--- End quote ---

They just wont start. I have a black (or red) screen when i set unibios 4 or 3.3. Any game. Either in resume or restart.
More: if i set Asian or Japan bios (not unibios), games dont start. MVS starts properly and unibios 2.0 works fine for aes.

At this point i suspect my neogeo.zip bios is not correct in some way but there are tons of different versions online so i cant figure out what is the correct (last?) one i should use.
Also i merged inside the zip the aes files like mentioned here:

https://retroachievements.org/viewtopic.php?t=8398

Any hint to find the correct bios file to use (size maybe)?
Thanks a lot both

p.s. all this mess only to make riding hero working in aes!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version