Author Topic: G6/M3 Real system soft. region patcher  (Read 34925 times)

Offline f0rbidden

Re: G6/M3 Real system soft. region patcher
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 07:21:06 AM »
BTW, I figured out.
It works now.

To whom may use this:

Make sure you set GB instead of BIG5, because the default loads GB.

Offline kenwu

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 01:21:55 PM »
hello
i can't use A15 firmware on my english version m3 real...
please help...thanks...

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 04:54:08 PM »
Are you saying that you want to use a language other than English on your m3 real?

Offline kenwu

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2008, 12:56:23 AM »
Are you saying that you want to use a language other than English on your m3 real?
yes...
A15 have big5 and gb..
i want big5...
thanks...

Offline alibasbas

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 06:12:58 AM »
Firmware Update:
There's a new M3 DS Real v2.9 System Files

Here is the European version of the v2.9 system files.
http://down.gbalpha.com/GBalpha/Softwares/G6&M3DS-R_E16.zip

Here is the Japanese version of the v2.9 system files.
http://down.gbalpha.com/GBalpha/Softwares/G6&M3DS-R_J16.zip

And here is the Asian version of the v2.9 system files.
http://down.gbalpha.com/GBalpha/Softwares/G6&M3DS-R_A16.zip

Is the Chinese->English M3 DS Real soft region patcher in this thread compatible with the said updated firmware?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 06:14:43 AM by alibasbas »

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 06:25:01 AM »
yes...
A15 have big5 and gb..
i want big5...
thanks...

So you have english hardwre and want big5 language on it?
What you need to do is patch the .bg5 files rename them to .eng and replace the .eng already on your card.
If it doesn't work, sorry. I don't have one of these cards, so I can't really test anything.

Firmware Update:
There's a new M3 DS Real v2.9 System Files

Is the Chinese->English M3 DS Real soft region patcher in this thread compatible with the said updated firmware?

It might be.  The only way to tell is to test it yourself.

Offline alibasbas

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 09:38:38 AM »
I asked it since I'm planning on purchasing a Chinese M3 DS Real. It's the only version available and the hardware modification seems a lot for someone like me.

For those who have a Chinese M3 DS Real, please do post if the latest v2.9 System files is compatible with the soft. region patcher in this thread.

Offline kenwu

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2008, 03:27:32 PM »
So you have english hardwre and want big5 language on it?
What you need to do is patch the .bg5 files rename them to .eng and replace the .eng already on your card.
If it doesn't work, sorry. I don't have one of these cards, so I can't really test anything.

yes...
i tried it...
but it will dead screen...
so i'm hard mod my m3 already...

thanks iq give me an answer~

Offline Jullian

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2008, 03:43:18 PM »
Hi, IQ & folks!
Here's what I tried in soft-modding E19 to get it working on Chinese HW
Patch G6dsload.eng to G6dsload.gb and all "matching" files (keeping same name) means seeking for the Xored DSBooter pattern -> only lang chooser works (black screen, after)
Patch only G6dsload.eng to G6dsload.gb -> lang chooser works, menu appears 1/4 sec and dies (it somewhat boots but crashes)

Any Ideas?

Thx

Offline !!??

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2008, 03:52:33 AM »
Um I have a problem. I'm new to this so I get confused alot. I bought a chinese m3ds, and wan't the language to be english. So I donwloaded your patcher, and patched both the g6dsload.eng and the menu.eng. When I come upon the screen that asks for you language, it says that it can't find a file for english when I choose it. I tried doing it without patching the menu.eng and it starts, but then the bottom screen goes black and it crashes. Now everytime I choose english it just crashes with a white screen. Do you know how I could make it work?

Offline !!??

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2008, 01:09:40 PM »
I was was reading alot of posts about this in other forums , and think it's because the firmware is too new. So does anybody know what firmware they were using when this worked? If so could you send me a link to a download?

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2008, 08:35:34 PM »
To be honest, I don't remember. You'll have to cross reference the date I posted the program with the release dates of the firmwares. :S

Offline pendragonssword

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008, 10:52:14 AM »
Ok guys, I was very intressed in this post as I recently bought a M3 Ds Real (a white -Chinese region) for my daughter by mistake (website didn't mention this..). Here is what I did and it works.

First go to:

http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html

and download the latest versions of the firmware for your card (both the Chinese version and the English version), latest version of firmware is:
M3 DS Real Firmware Version 3.7f (release-date: 3.jun2008), and unpack. (and of course download the patcher)
I first checked if my card worked with the downloaded Chinese firmware (and it did), so all buttons are in Chinese. Meaning my card works the sys-file named: g6dsload.gb (you will need to know this to use the patcher, so you know with region to chose when you use the patcher)

Now just follow the instructions made with the patcher (patcher only works with xp-machine NOT vista (the patcher shuts down)).

Once you have a patched sys-file: g6dsload.gb replace the original one in the firmware with this one.

Once you restart your DS with the M3 you will be able to chose with language you want to run (English works...)

So for those intrested, yes the patcher works with the latest firmware.

I can not thank you guys enough for helping me  :biggrin:

Offline skc

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2008, 03:23:41 AM »
Hello pendragonssword, do you mean you have downloaded both english and chinese firmwares and saved into the SD card at the same time, then apply the patch?

Offline pendragonssword

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2008, 03:14:39 PM »
Hi skc, no you have to make a patched file on your computer. Before you start read the instructions with the patcher... If you have a white M3 try if it works with the latest original Chinese sys-file(you downloaded) on your SD-card. If it works, then put the patcher in the English sys-file (you also downloaded) on your computer and use it as instructed (this will create a new file named: g6dsload.gb, in the English sys-file). Copy this new file (g6dsload.gb) to the Chinese sys-file on your SD-card (you will be asked if you want to replace the original file named g6dsload.gb >> Yes).  So you only need a the Chinese sys-file on your SD-card with the patched file: g6dsload.gb.  Now if you restart your Ds you will be asked which language you want to use - select: English.  Greetz