Author Topic: Preset tips?  (Read 4789 times)

Offline LittleKaneda

Preset tips?
« on: March 01, 2008, 08:41:35 AM »
Soon I will need to set inputs on 200+ separate games within FB Alpha 02.96.74

My old preset that I had written was not working with older games (I had to keep adding more input names with each new game)

This started to feel endless, and not worth the effort, seeing as how I could have been manually inputting the controls for each
of those games.

My control panel consists of 6 action switches for both player 1 and player 2, set up in CAPCOM format (two rows of three)
I was able to write a preset to handle both CPS and NEOGEO control schemes, but as I started to collect games from
other systems, it become overwhelming with all the different input names (shot, button 1, fire, special etc)...

These new input names created a problem when one game named its first button shot, and it's second button fire,
or something along the lines of that, when I had just told my preset to have both of those on the same switch.
My switches began to list twice on these games, and the only thing I could do was try to organize them in a
way, keeping one button specifically named something, and another button named something else, no matter
how spaced out they were from one another.

I'm not really sure what happened next, but I do know that it got a little crazy and I decided to start over.
Do any of you out there have any tips for me, on making a clean preset, or should I get ready to input
each game manually?