Author Topic: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread  (Read 760043 times)

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
Re: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread
« Reply #1680 on: July 12, 2019, 08:29:41 AM »
Thanks a lot! Great work! Now we have almost a perfect arcade emulation... the only noticeable difference is the "fades issue" at the end of the final boss fight... which is a very small bug... ;)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #1681 on: July 12, 2019, 08:11:19 PM »
Gab75,

Offline Gab75

• FBNeo Contributor
  • All games deserve to be emulated, more or less! :P
« Reply #1682 on: July 13, 2019, 12:16:36 AM »
As far as I know, at the moment, the FinalBurn Neo is the only emulator where Konami's G.I. Joe can boast a perfect emulation! ;)

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1683 on: July 15, 2019, 07:32:57 PM »
Hi friends!
I finally came up with a good way to work around input recordings and games which use a RTC(clock) chip..  First, about the problem:
There are some issues with recording games (or netgames) that use a realtime clock.  For example: the PGM bios uses time from the RTC @ bootup to generate random numbers.  This will cause recordings to fail sooner or later with desynchs...  A few systems use this: PGM, some NeoGeo, a few games in itech16/32 and Taito's Operation Wolf.
Solution: I started working on a generic way of returning the localtime of the machine (for all games/systems which use RTC) with tweaks.  For example: if we are recording, playing back - we will now use the time from when the recording started.  For normal/non recorded games, we just return the time of the machine (PC, etc).  For net-games, all systems agree to use the same pre-determined clock values and random# seed.
So far, after a bit of experimenting/implementing and testing things.. I recorded several levels of ddp2 - bee storm from "power-on", and the recording played back perfectly.  So far, success! :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1684 on: July 28, 2019, 01:02:47 AM »
Happy day for St. Dragon Fans
Something that has bothered me for EONS:
St.Dragon on Jaleco Megasys - one of my favorite manic-shooters - had some issues in FB:
1: Sometimes crash in level 4 (68k crash / game hang)
2: Input recordings would desync. mostly in last level, but could be anywhere

I tried to fix these many times without any luck... (since 2015)
Tonight I'm happy to say that both are fixed! :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline Pelucon8

« Reply #1685 on: July 28, 2019, 03:28:50 PM »
Hi, I'm new to the forum.

Download the version (fbn_test_july7.zip) of dink and I found errors in the music of the game "Sokonuke Taisen Game". The error in question is that the music goes like accelerated and you hear "ugly".

This error is not in version 0.2.97.43.

Greetings.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1686 on: July 29, 2019, 12:36:55 AM »
Hi Pelucon8, welcome aboard :)
Thanks for the bug report, I fixed the problem and here's a new exe to try: https://www.sendspace.com/file/hanods

best regards,
- dink

Hi, I'm new to the forum.

Download the version (fbn_test_july7.zip) of dink and I found errors in the music of the game "Sokonuke Taisen Game". The error in question is that the music goes like accelerated and you hear "ugly".

This error is not in version 0.2.97.43.

Greetings.

Offline el_rika

« Reply #1687 on: July 29, 2019, 02:00:39 AM »
Hello there guys,

I think there's been a regression of some sort regarding Dodonpachi Daioujou BL in latest .44 fbn (possibly in .43 as well). The normal parent White Label ddpdoj is working well, but the Black Label ddpdojblk is not working anymore. I tried a few different sets (some of which wok well in .38) but none are working. All other games on that driver - Ketsui and Espgaluda - are working well.

Tested on Android - Retroarch - FB .44 core.

Thank you!!

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1688 on: July 29, 2019, 07:13:24 AM »
Hi el_rika,
I just tried ddpdojblk and it works fine here, what kind of error do you get?

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 07:15:34 AM by dink »

Offline el_rika

« Reply #1689 on: July 29, 2019, 08:18:00 AM »
Oh, it simply exits the FB Core back to the Retroarch menu, and it says "failed to load content". It could be something wrong with the Core only on Android..? 

Maybe i have a wrong rom, though i tried 3 working (in previous builds)  versions.  Could you please tell me the exact size of your roms both parent and black? (i don't want to break any rules here  :redface: )

Thanks man

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #1690 on: July 29, 2019, 08:31:10 AM »
Hello there guys,

I think there's been a regression of some sort regarding Dodonpachi Daioujou BL in latest .44 fbn (possibly in .43 as well). The normal parent White Label ddpdoj is working well, but the Black Label ddpdojblk is not working anymore. I tried a few different sets (some of which wok well in .38) but none are working. All other games on that driver - Ketsui and Espgaluda - are working well.

Tested on Android - Retroarch - FB .44 core.

Thank you!!

It's running fine here with the libretro core if you have the good romset, so most likely you don't.

NB : until ~2 months ago i tolerated wrong crcs in romsets, i removed this behavior (except for unibios) because people kept reporting issues without checking their romsets, now it won't start if it fails crc verification.

PS : i keep an up-to-date datfile at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/libretro/FBNeo/master/dats/FinalBurn%20Neo%20(ClrMame%20Pro%20XML%2C%20Arcade%20only).dat, use it with clrmamepro (it's also supposed to work with romcenter iirc).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 08:39:52 AM by barbudreadmon »

Offline el_rika

« Reply #1691 on: July 29, 2019, 12:36:10 PM »
I understand.

Can I modify the file myself then? Is there a way to make an older ddpdojblk version, compatible with the new core?

Offline Pelucon8

« Reply #1692 on: July 29, 2019, 01:47:30 PM »
Thanks for answering, @dink. Yes, the music now seems to be working well.

Thank you so much for fixing it.

I have another doubt... In the FBN can the games be configured individually as in mame?

For example, leave vertical games with the "SuperScale" filter and horizontal games with the "SuperScale (75% Scanlines)" filter. Is that possible? In mame you just have to right click on the game but here I can't find how to do it.

Greetings

« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 06:24:48 PM by Pelucon8 »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #1693 on: July 29, 2019, 07:31:58 PM »
Pelucon8: it's not possible to do this currently, but the source code is available if you'd like to take on such an endeavor. :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline Pelucon8

« Reply #1694 on: July 29, 2019, 08:35:03 PM »
 @dink: I have no idea about programming, xD. Anyway it's not something that bothers me.

I found some minor bugs in the game G.I. Joe. You can see them in some cutscenes:

It's not something that affects the game at all, but this doesn't happen in mame or on the game board. I present it here in case you are interested.

Greetings.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 08:40:02 PM by Pelucon8 »