Final Burn Neo > FBN Development

Combone's - Hacks & Translate games thread (News +) (V2.0)

<< < (3/8) > >>

Gab75:
@Combone: probably I found a bug in two "The King of Fighters '99" hacks (kof99eur, kof99sr) that it makes these games unplayable: when you begin a game the timer counter goes immediately from 99/90 to 00 and the match is over... thanks for your work! :)

Robert:
There's bugs like that in many KOF hacks. If the timer starts at higher (or equal?) to 80, the next second will send it to 00. This is because the game checks the wrong flag after decrement.

These hacks were probably developed on a hacked-up emulator, and in my opinion they are just broken and useless.

gxb:
As far as I know it's a protection. Some of these hacks are commerical , and for others the hackers do not want other people to hack their hacks so they combined ROMs and emulator together and set some traps. If you rip their ROMs and run them with other emulators, you just could not run them properly.
BTW, kof99eur is a commerical hack for GOTVG. I think it is made by the same hacker who made kof98alpha.

Combone:

--- Quote from: Gab75 on August 21, 2019, 12:50:20 AM ---@Combone: probably I found a bug in two "The King of Fighters '99" hacks (kof99eur, kof99sr) that it makes these games unplayable: when you begin a game the timer counter goes immediately from 99/90 to 00 and the match is over... thanks for your work! :)

--- End quote ---

I see it  :redface: I tested roms in old FBA called, "N3O". These hacks work good  :confused:
Tested in HBMAME, some hacks have same issue (Time go to 0).

I will investigate this.

Robert:
I've devised a patch for HBMAME to fix the timer issue. Each affected game needs a 1-byte patch. I've fixed all the games I know about, but there's probably many others to be found.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version