Author Topic: Neo Pong v1.1 resets  (Read 12559 times)

Offline slydc

• Newbies
Neo Pong v1.1 resets
« on: July 29, 2006, 02:01:08 AM »
Hi all!

I have a technical question: What can i do to fix the game Neo Pong v1.1 from restarting back to the control panel in the Neo Geo CD ??

Yes, on the Neo Geo CD. I've been converting (thanks to the tools of iq_132) some homebrew games like Frog Feast, Codename: Blut Engel, Columns and Poker Night and they all work fine on a real NGCD, but for Neo Pong...no dice!

Can someone help me before i go  :idiot: 

Offline KaNyErO

Re: Neo Pong v1.1 resets
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 05:31:41 AM »
they work fine in a real ngcd?

Could you explain how do you burn your games?

Here is a game that i´d like people with real ngcd could test. Tell me if it works with a real ngcd and if it does i will release a lot of new conversions.

*snip*

Btw, there are 3 conversions that still has problems: Neodiggerman, neopong (all versions) and vliner.

Edit. Sorry Kany, but no stuff like that here ;) - IQ
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 07:28:55 AM by iq_132 »

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 07:31:01 AM »
I'm not sure exactly what the problem is with neopong, if anyone happens to know a neo-cd emu with a debugger, please let me know, and maybe I can fix it.

Also, I would definitely contact kanyero over the PM system.  He has some very good stuff to share with you ;)

Offline slydc

• Newbies
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 07:05:44 PM »
Cool! Two great progammers that replied!  :cool:

@KaNyErO: For your first question, all four (Frog Feast, Codename: Blut Engel, Columns and Poker Night) games works great on a real NGCD. I have the
most commun NGCD (the upload x1 speed).

For your next question, i've burned them with the lastest version of NERO. As for making the ISO, i've just took the MagicISO soft and deleted all the files (except the ABS.TXT, BIB.TXT and the CPY.TXT) and put the roms and IPL.TXT in the ISO. Make any ISO from any original NGCD (took the Puzzle Bobble since it's tiny) and delete/replace the needed files.

For your game to test, i would like to test it. PM me on that.

Drat...apart of Neopng, the next two games you listed were the ones i was going to convert. Looks like we have to wait until someone knows how to
(sigh...)

@iq_132: Think i've heard of a NGDC emu with debug options but can't remember which one. If i everfind which one,be sure i'lllet you know!  :wink:

Thanks and keep the spirit!  :smilie:

« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 07:08:39 PM by slydc »

Offline slydc

• Newbies
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 01:33:34 AM »
Hi again!

Well, i've finally find one NGCD emulator with debug option. It's the one
from Fabrice Martinez but the Special Version released the 10-10-01.

Here's a link to a web page for downloading the emulator:

http://www.consolemul.com/detailemu.php?id=157

Or get the emulator strait here:

http://download.consolemul.com/Emulateurs/NeoGeo/neocd.zip

Errr...the web page is in French, hope you don't mind. Don't know if there's
a help text in english (didn't dowloaded the zip file).

Keep up the great work!

--- Sly DC ---

Offline KaNyErO

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 05:48:02 AM »
I'm not sure exactly what the problem is with neopong, if anyone happens to know a neo-cd emu with a debugger, please let me know, and maybe I can fix it.

Also, I would definitely contact kanyero over the PM system.  He has some very good stuff to share with you ;)

Yep. sorry for the link, i have been looking for people with a real NGCD to test some conversions long time ago  :idiot:

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 07:28:15 AM »
Then take it to the pm system :p

Offline slydc

• Newbies
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 09:25:22 PM »
Yep. sorry for the link, i have been looking for people with a real NGCD to test some conversions long time ago  :idiot:

Heh! Well you finally find one!  :wink:

And now, i can confirm that your conversion of Puzzle De Pon works flawlessely (after fixing the boot sequence). Also, you can confirm the conversion i made of Andro Dunos, which kicks major butt on my real Neo-Geo CD system!!

MVS-to-CD conversions IS a reality now. (for small games of course, but eventually for bigger games too as time goes by...)

--- Sly DC ---