Author Topic: Resetting seperate game control settings / dip configs  (Read 3084 times)

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

Resetting seperate game control settings / dip configs
« on: March 26, 2023, 02:49:06 AM »
Hi  :cool:

I wonder if it would be possible to reset custom input settings for a game but keep the dip settings intact ?

For example , let's say I've configured my control settings for SFA3 , Progear and Mars Matrix seperately to my liking

I think the key configs , autofire etc are stored in .ini files such as config/games/sfa3.ini ...

But I've also set up all games to free play , also difficuly to high from dip switches

So , when I want to reset control settings for these games to universal preset.ini file , can I just delete these sfa3.ini etc ?

But will I also lose all the dip settings I made ?

Is there a way to not lose dip settings and only delete custom control settings?

Where should the ds settings be stored ? For CPS2 , and Neogeo for example ?

Thanks , and have a good one  :biggrin:

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: Resetting seperate game control settings / dip configs
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 09:12:37 AM »
Sure:
Go to the input editor of game, click the first dropdown & select "Player 1", second dropdown & select "preset" (or other named preset file you want), then click "[Use Preset]" button

best regards,
- dink

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 07:55:44 AM »
Thanks a lot , dink  ;p

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 08:41:49 AM »
At some point I would like to add a much simpler option to reset to defaults, and also an option to wipe the dips/ini/nvram for said game.  It was a good idea from Gab75.  Unfortunately UI improvements are a thing that I'm not good at, so I've been putting it off..  Maybe someday :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 04:44:33 AM »
Sounds exciting  :smilie: While FBneo is already the almost excellent emulator in my eyes(user friendliness / performance on lo-end systems / support for not only various arcades but also old  faves like nes , genesis , speccy ...) I am amazed  on how you guys find new ways to improve and all the time  :wink:

Keep up the great work and long live FBNeo  :biggrin: