Author Topic: NeoGeo CD  (Read 3032 times)

Offline p4blo.ac

• Newbies
NeoGeo CD
« on: November 18, 2023, 07:25:16 PM »
When I go to Load Neo Geo CD Game, the Isos Redump (cue+bin) are not recognized! Does it only recognize Isos (cue+img+sub+ccd) and only dezipped ones? That's right?
They could list all the games in the list, even those not found, and add an option to generate the dat of the neogeo cd isos supported by finalburn. Thank you in advance for your work on the best emulator for me. And excuse my terrible English.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 07:26:41 PM by p4blo.ac »

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: NeoGeo CD
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 08:28:28 PM »
Hi p4blo.ac,
FBneo will work with single .bin + .cue (unzipped), but it must be mode 2352.  A nice small program called CD Mage will convert any .bin/cue to mode 2352 very fast, here is a link to instructions and the program CD Mage:

https://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=2487.msg26465#msg26465

(it don't need to be installed, just unzip and run)

best regards,
- dink

Offline p4blo.ac

• Newbies
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2023, 10:44:09 PM »
dink thank you very much.

Offline p4blo.ac

• Newbies
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2023, 11:51:43 PM »
Dink, I was checking here and the last Redump - SNK - Neo Geo CD set (2022-09-23) that I have here, and the games are mode 2352. But with several .bin+.cue and not with single .bin + .cue. It's a shame FinalBurn Neo doesn't run Redump sets without transforming the files.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2023, 09:34:01 AM »
p4blo.ac,
It's a design decision, because it's very difficult to have features like working rewind, runahead & savestates with multiple files bin/cue.

best regards,
- dink

Offline p4blo.ac

• Newbies
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2023, 12:30:46 AM »
Dink,
I used CDmage in my Neogeo CD set as suggested to transform it into a single .bin + .cue. Worked perfectly.
I decided to use the Redump - SNK - Neo Geo CD set (2022-09-23) as a base, it was the most current one I found. Since the Trurip group has changed its name to EmulationArchive (EmuArch) and there are no more dats on the site. I believe it has been discontinued, the last one listed was from 2019 by Neogeo CD. And the most current Tosec dat of .img+.cue is very old.
I don't know what date FinalBurn Neo is based on for its list of Neogeo CD games. But the Final Burn Neo list has 112 games listed https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo/blob/master/src/burner/win32/neocdlist.cpp.
 In the Redump - SNK - Neo Geo CD set (2022-09-23) there are 111 games, of which 7 were not identified by Final Burn Neo. They are:
- Double Dragon (Japan) (En,Ja) (Rev 1).
- Fuuun Mokushiroku - Kakutou Sousei ~ Savage Reign (Export) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (Rev 1).
- Garou Densetsu 3 - Road to the Final Victory ~ Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory (World) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (Rev 1).
- Garou Densetsu 3 - Road to the Final Victory ~ Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory (Export) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (Rev 2).
- Garou Densetsu 3 - Road to the Final Victory ~ Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory (Export) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (Rev 3).
- Garou Densetsu Special ~ Fatal Fury Special (World) (En,Ja) (Rev 1).
- World Heroes Perfect (Export) (En,Ja) (Rev 1).
From what I found, they are not detected because there are more than one version of the game (Rev 1, Rev 2, etc.) and in the Final Burn Neo list, as there is only one listed, only the first one is detected, which is placed in the folder of games. Which doesn't happen with KOF 94 and 95 and other games, as their Rev 1 is in the game list. I also noticed that the names in the game list could be revised in the text, as some names do not have Rev 1 next to the rom as in KOF 94, and (JP) and (JP-USA) only in some game names. The text was long, but I tried to be as clear as possible and I hope that the suggestion helps to make Final Burn Neo more complete.
* Metal Slug 2 Turbo and Metal Slug 2 have the same name mslug2 in the Neogeo CD games list. I believe the name of Metal Slug 2 Turbo would be mslug2t.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 12:03:20 PM by p4blo.ac »

Offline p4blo.ac

• Newbies
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2023, 08:28:06 PM »
Dink,
I used CDmage in my Neogeo CD set as suggested to transform it into a single .bin + .cue. Worked perfectly.
I decided to use the Redump - SNK - Neo Geo CD set (2022-09-23) as a base, it was the most current one I found. Since the Trurip group has changed its name to EmulationArchive (EmuArch) and there are no more dats on the site. I believe it has been discontinued, the last one listed was from 2019 by Neogeo CD. And the most current Tosec dat of .img+.cue is very old.
I don't know what date FinalBurn Neo is based on for its list of Neogeo CD games. But the Final Burn Neo list has 112 games listed https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo/blob/master/src/burner/win32/neocdlist.cpp.
 In the Redump - SNK - Neo Geo CD set (2022-09-23) there are 111 games, of which 7 were not identified by Final Burn Neo. They are:
- Double Dragon (Japan) (En,Ja) (Rev 1).
- Fuuun Mokushiroku - Kakutou Sousei ~ Savage Reign (Export) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (Rev 1).
- Garou Densetsu 3 - Road to the Final Victory ~ Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory (World) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (Rev 1).
- Garou Densetsu 3 - Road to the Final Victory ~ Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory (Export) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (Rev 2).
- Garou Densetsu 3 - Road to the Final Victory ~ Fatal Fury 3 - Road to the Final Victory (Export) (En,Ja,Es,Pt) (Rev 3).
- Garou Densetsu Special ~ Fatal Fury Special (World) (En,Ja) (Rev 1).
- World Heroes Perfect (Export) (En,Ja) (Rev 1).
From what I found, they are not detected because there are more than one version of the game (Rev 1, Rev 2, etc.) and in the Final Burn Neo list, as there is only one listed, only the first one is detected, which is placed in the folder of games. Which doesn't happen with KOF 94 and 95 and other games, as their Rev 1 is in the game list. I also noticed that the names in the game list could be revised in the text, as some names do not have Rev 1 next to the rom as in KOF 94, and (JP) and (JP-USA) only in some game names. The text was long, but I tried to be as clear as possible and I hope that the suggestion helps to make Final Burn Neo more complete.
* Metal Slug 2 Turbo and Metal Slug 2 have the same name mslug2 in the Neogeo CD games list. I believe the name of Metal Slug 2 Turbo would be mslug2t.

Dlink,
These games that I mentioned can be added to the Neogeo CD list?

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2023, 12:23:16 AM »
Sure, I like your ideas - I will try to implement them as soon as time permits.

best regards,
- dink

Offline p4blo.ac

• Newbies
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2023, 01:45:51 AM »
Sure, I like your ideas - I will try to implement them as soon as time permits.

best regards,
- dink

Dink,
I really appreciate it!  :wink:

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2024, 01:21:06 AM »
Hi p4blo.ac,
I finally found a good way to check alternate versions which uses the same ID's.  Will hopefully have it solved in the next day, if all goes well! :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2024, 10:00:16 AM »
FBNeo will now recognize the alternate versions of games you listed, thanks for the list and helping us improve!

best regards,
- dink

Offline p4blo.ac

• Newbies
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2024, 05:09:05 PM »
Dink, I saw your post just now, really cool. I'm going to update my FBNeo to test. I have to thank the FBNeo team for their exceptional work.

Offline p4blo.ac

• Newbies
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2024, 07:12:49 PM »
Dink, I updated my FBNeo and noticed that some games are still having trouble detecting them along with others placed in the same folder. Are they:
- Double Dragon (Japan) (En,Ja) (Rev 1) and Double Dragon (PS1 OST).
- Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits - Bushidou Retsuden (Japan) and the translation of this game Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits - Bushidou Retsuden into English.
How many game does FBNeo detect? From my sets I have 121 games.
Best regards.

PS: I noticed that Double Dragon (PS1 OST) is being detected as Double Dragon (Rev 1). Looking at the code https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo/blob/master/src/burner/win32/neocdlist.cpp, I saw that the translation of the game Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits - Bushidou Retsuden into English was missing.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 07:59:31 PM by p4blo.ac »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2024, 08:34:52 PM »
Hi p4blo.ac,
Thanks for the feedback, hopefully will have it solved soon!

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2024, 12:11:57 AM »
p4blo.ac, I added support for the ssrpg english patch'd version, and fixed the ddragon PS1 OST wrongly detected, please try the updated code.  The number of games should be 122

best regards,
- dink