Author Topic: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread  (Read 760833 times)

Offline 7zxkv

New test: windows 8.1 update 1 64bits (100% up to date, again), new install: 0 roms.

build XP or normal (not the 64-bit version because the mode "enhanced" is grayed)

Option: select blitter enhanced, soft algo: xbr or others (except "advanceMame or 3D Hardware" who do not have problems).

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:15:52 AM by 7zxkv »

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
7zxkv, thanks for the ini, I figured out where the problem is, now I just have to figure out whats causing it.  Will reply when I figure it out,

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
7zxkv, check your PM, I sent a debug test version that hopefully fixes the problem.

best regards,
- dink

Offline 7zxkv

it's ok, 0.2.97.30."1" needed ^_^

Thanks Dink ;)

Offline dink

• Administrator
it's ok, 0.2.97.30."1" needed ^_^

Thanks Dink ;)

Here: http://www.barryharris.me.uk/fba.php   :biggrin:

best regards,
- dink

Offline 7zxkv

:biggrin: yeahh, thanks !

Offline dink

• Administrator
Tonight I fixed the missing piece to the Megadrive savestates puzzle.  The missing sound channel (dac), usually the drums or rhythm part would go missing after a savestate load.  It turns out that the postload function in the 2612 was indexing the wrong register for the dac enable status.  I also sent the code change to Haze via PM, since it applies to MAME/MESS as well as FBA :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Tonight I fixed the missing piece to the Megadrive savestates puzzle.  The missing sound channel (dac), usually the drums or rhythm part would go missing after a savestate load.  It turns out that the postload function in the 2612 was indexing the wrong register for the dac enable status.  I also sent the code change to Haze via PM, since it applies to MAME/MESS as well as FBA :)

best regards,
- dink
Nice work! Things like that definitely help justify our using MAME as a base. At least that's how I rationalize it.

Offline Freddy

best regards,
- dink

Nice work dink!

Offline dink

• Administrator
Thanks guys! :)

Offline dink

• Administrator
dink's FBA devlog update for.. today!

After tons of debugging & porting new sprite code and other fun things, I'm happy to say that Streets of Rage 1 & 2 now both work perfectly with FBA!   :biggrin:

best regards,
- dink

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
dink's FBA devlog update for.. today!

After tons of debugging & porting new sprite code and other fun things, I'm happy to say that Streets of Rage 1 & 2 now both work perfectly with FBA!   :biggrin:

best regards,
- dink

Not sure any of them were necessary? Check the SVN.
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline dink

• Administrator
Treble, right, well, it looks like we came to the same conclusion re: timings. Although my way is slightly different, they both do the same in the end.

Great minds think alike :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
Not sure any of them were necessary? Check the SVN.

Oh, I meant to say re: porting the new sprite routines -  I was trying to get rid of that line of corruption in XDR (see the MD dev thread for a pic etc).  If you have any ideas re: this issue, please let me know :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Oh, I meant to say re: porting the new sprite routines -  I was trying to get rid of that line of corruption in XDR (see the MD dev thread for a pic etc).  If you have any ideas re: this issue, please let me know :)

best regards,
- dink
That could very well be a timing/irq issue. Consoles are extremely sensitive.