Author Topic: Endian Issues?  (Read 5154 times)

Offline lantus

• Expert
Endian Issues?
« on: April 07, 2010, 01:33:06 PM »
Gents,

Myself and Kev ported FBA over to the Xbox 1 console many years ago. History apparently repeats itself as im messing around once again with the code, this time though, on the 360 

Anyways, I have things compiled and up and running quickly and all looks promising, however i think the code itself is not big endian "friendly". At least the 68k emulation. I can get other roms (ie Galaxian driver, double dragon etc) running just fine but anything 68k related just sits there with a black screen.

my next step was to compare output from a win32 build to what i currently have and go from there but i wanted to ask you guys if there is anything obvious that needs to be made big endian aware. Im assuming the read/write word/long calls to memory are the main culprit, but i thought i was ask first.

any advice/help would be great!

thanks for your time

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
Re: Endian Issues?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 04:56:20 PM »
Gents,

Myself and Kev ported FBA over to the Xbox 1 console many years ago. History apparently repeats itself as im messing around once again with the code, this time though, on the 360 

Anyways, I have things compiled and up and running quickly and all looks promising, however i think the code itself is not big endian "friendly". At least the 68k emulation. I can get other roms (ie Galaxian driver, double dragon etc) running just fine but anything 68k related just sits there with a black screen.

my next step was to compare output from a win32 build to what i currently have and go from there but i wanted to ask you guys if there is anything obvious that needs to be made big endian aware. Im assuming the read/write word/long calls to memory are the main culprit, but i thought i was ask first.
Definitely. The byte order of the long & word will definitely have to be swapped.  Other than that you got me lol.  Anyway, welcome Lantus. :) I was a huge fan of your work on the xbox.

kev

Re: Endian Issues?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 03:26:55 PM »
Lol, I should check back here more often :)

I too have been working on this . . i'll see if I can get you on IRC (look for me as kev2)