Author Topic: FB Neo Bugs Reports  (Read 159082 times)

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
Re: FB Neo Bugs Reports
« Reply #585 on: June 11, 2021, 05:12:44 AM »
I tried the game Snapper. I get a black screen, but the audio and everything else seems to work. Just no display.

fix is on git, atomicp (same hardware) was affected too, thanks for the report !

Offline Sputnik

• Newbies
« Reply #586 on: July 14, 2021, 08:17:16 AM »
Hi,
Loading Battle Bakraid in Fbneo 1.0.0.01, Libretro version and leaving it in attract mode mode for around half an hour makes the screen to start showing garbage, and music will stop sounding as well.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #587 on: July 14, 2021, 09:22:11 AM »
Hi Sputnik,
Is it possible you could try with the latest .03 version?  I let it run for about an hour and 10 minutes on the latest standalone fbneo and couldn't see a problem like that.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Sputnik

• Newbies
« Reply #588 on: July 14, 2021, 09:27:54 AM »
Hi Dink,
sure, I'm updating fbneo from source on retropie as we speak, I'll let you know in a while

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #589 on: July 14, 2021, 12:31:58 PM »
Hi,
Loading Battle Bakraid in Fbneo 1.0.0.01, Libretro version and leaving it in attract mode mode for around half an hour makes the screen to start showing garbage, and music will stop sounding as well.

Using current version, i can't reproduce this. Are you maybe using some non-standard settings like cpu overclock, runahead or whatever ?

Offline Sputnik

• Newbies
« Reply #590 on: July 14, 2021, 03:14:57 PM »
Tried with .03 and it also happens with that version, although it takes longer. No CPU overclock or runahead set up, just using zfast vertical shader.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 04:00:17 PM by Sputnik »

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #591 on: July 14, 2021, 04:19:40 PM »
Tried with .03 and it also happens with that version, although it takes longer. No CPU overclock or runahead set up, just using zfast vertical shader.

What's your device ?

Offline Sputnik

• Newbies
« Reply #592 on: July 14, 2021, 05:00:31 PM »
What's your device ?
A Raspberry Pi 3B+

Online iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #593 on: July 14, 2021, 05:46:55 PM »
A Raspberry Pi 3B+
How's the temperature after that long? Any heating issues?

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #594 on: July 14, 2021, 06:09:57 PM »
Yeah, i was wondering if it's not some kind of stability issue with your device. Is it overclocked ? Is it properly cooled ? Does it happen too if you set it back to standard clock ? Mine had a lot of failures with just a 50Mhz oc, and it wasn't even that hot actually, so i stopped overclocking it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 06:11:11 PM by barbudreadmon »

Offline Sputnik

• Newbies
« Reply #595 on: July 15, 2021, 02:35:16 AM »
How's the temperature after that long? Any heating issues?

Not that I'm aware of, no Rpi's thermometer icon is shown on screen and I can exit the game and continue using the machine normally. Pi is not overclocked, although it doesn't have any cooling system either.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 03:52:43 AM by Sputnik »

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #596 on: July 15, 2021, 02:52:43 AM »
I managed to break bbakraid, it turns out yesterday the game didn't break because i increased its cpu clock, when you do that you get a "sound error" at boot and the game never seem to stop working, i can't seem to reproduce it after changing samplerate from 48k (libretro core's default) to 44.1k (standalone's default) either (edit: nvm, it finally happened), so i suppose the issue is tightly related to sound board emulation, it happened on both arm and x86_64. The issue i encountered seemed kinda different from what was reported though : the game seemed to keep rebooting while showing garbage for me, the game had some kind of huge slowdown right before that issue. I ran the game for ~15 minutes at x7 speed to get this.

Attaching a screenshot of the garbage screen and a savestate.

Edit : duration before crash seems very random, nothing in asan/ubsan, playing it safer on cflags didn't help either
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 04:40:00 AM by barbudreadmon »

Offline Sputnik

• Newbies
« Reply #597 on: July 15, 2021, 03:15:15 AM »
I managed to break bbakraid, it turns out yesterday the game didn't break because i increased its cpu clock, when you do that you get a "sound error" at boot and the game never seem to stop working, i can't seem to reproduce it after changing samplerate from 48k (libretro core's default) to 44.1k (standalone's default) either (edit: nvm, it finally happened), so i suppose the issue is tightly related to sound board emulation, it happened on both arm and x86_64. The issue i encountered seemed kinda different from what was reported though : the game seemed to keep rebooting while showing garbage for me, the game had some kind of huge slowdown right before that issue. I ran the game for ~15 minutes at x7 speed to get this.

Attaching a screenshot of the garbage screen and a savestate.

@barbudreadmon, that's it, didn't realise game was rebooting though, neither the slowdown but I didn't stay long enough watching the screen to see it anyway.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #598 on: July 15, 2021, 10:56:45 AM »
barbudreadmon & pals:
hmm, I can't reproduce it here, maybe I didn't try enough?
Anyhow: another game on libretro that a local friend has been getting:
game: maglord (magician lord), the sound stops working after 10-30 minutes of attract mode.  when coining up, nothing is heard and nothing (no music, sfx, etc) after that.  I can't repro this on standalone, can anyone?  If so, can you record a movie file so I can play it back and see where the bug happens?
Let me clarify: probably the only way either is getting fixed is if someone can record a movie file (Replay -> Record Input.  from power on checked!) for me with the bug happening.

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 10:58:18 AM by dink »

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #599 on: July 15, 2021, 01:07:52 PM »
Hmmm maybe something about interpolation ? libretro port is using 4-point 3rd order as default for both settings, i'll do more tests.