Author Topic: FB Neo Bugs Reports  (Read 159128 times)

Offline matchew64

• Newbies
Re: FB Neo Bugs Reports
« Reply #690 on: December 06, 2021, 09:54:24 PM »
Bah. Thanks, Dink. I must have forgotten how I did it before.

Thanks for everything you do. And your patience.

Offline Al82

• Newbies
« Reply #691 on: December 16, 2021, 03:17:14 PM »
I think there's a problem with the end cutscene in Japanese version of Denjin Makai - the graphics look scrambled in this scene to me.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #692 on: December 16, 2021, 08:46:13 PM »
Al82, thanks for the report, is there any chance you have a state from before this screen shows?
edit, should be fixed - you'd have to load a state from an unbroken scene before the ending to see it as it should be.

best regards,
- dink
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 01:46:44 AM by dink »

Offline Al82

• Newbies
« Reply #693 on: December 17, 2021, 02:17:35 PM »
Al82, thanks for the report, is there any chance you have a state from before this screen shows?
edit, should be fixed - you'd have to load a state from an unbroken scene before the ending to see it as it should be.

best regards,
- dink

Awesome - confirmed as fixed! Thanks for your help!  :biggrin:

Offline Stifu

« Reply #694 on: December 22, 2021, 02:52:19 PM »
The sound in 4in1boot is pretty bad, it's ear grating (too loud?). With or without low-pass filter. 3in1semi is a pretty similar game, but the sound is fine in that one (like, compare Hyper Man in both games, the Stage Clear fanfare for example). Is that a game issue or an emulation issue?

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #695 on: December 22, 2021, 05:48:41 PM »
Awesome - confirmed as fixed! Thanks for your help!  :biggrin:

Great :) thanks again for the bug report!

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #696 on: December 22, 2021, 05:53:27 PM »
The sound in 4in1boot is pretty bad, it's ear grating (too loud?). With or without low-pass filter. 3in1semi is a pretty similar game, but the sound is fine in that one (like, compare Hyper Man in both games, the Stage Clear fanfare for example). Is that a game issue or an emulation issue?

Yikes, it's really bad with headphones on!  After a little volume tweaking it's now much nicer!  Thanks for bringing this one to our attention :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline littlebear

« Reply #697 on: December 27, 2021, 07:01:52 AM »
Bubble Bobble (for Bobble Bobble PCB)
Bubble Bobble: Lost Cave V1.2 (for Bobble Bobble PCB)
both of these had only black screen after loaded.
thank you

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #698 on: December 27, 2021, 08:07:10 AM »
Bubble Bobble (for Bobble Bobble PCB)
Bubble Bobble: Lost Cave V1.2 (for Bobble Bobble PCB)
both of these had only black screen after loaded.
thank you

The fix is on git, thanks for the report !

Offline littlebear

« Reply #699 on: December 27, 2021, 09:02:08 AM »
The fix is on git, thanks for the report !
Thank you Very much for fixing them . I had to delete the game config for them to work.

Offline Al82

• Newbies
« Reply #700 on: December 27, 2021, 02:04:53 PM »
I think there's a possible issue with the output resolution of Mortal Kombat (rev 5.0 T-Unit 03/19/93). The official specs say the game has a resolution of 400 x 254, but FB Neo seems to be outputting 400 x 256.

At various points in the game, there's a visible black bar at the bottom of the screen, and there seems to be a single line of pixels missing from the output. By comparison, MAME outputs at 400 x 254 and there's no black bar at the bottom of the screen. You can also see the line of pixels visible in MAME, but FB Neo seems to have cut them off/replaced them with the black bar.

I've also encountered random issues with garbled background graphics during the "Test your Might" bonus stages, although it doesn't always occur.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 02:11:09 PM by Al82 »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #701 on: December 27, 2021, 03:52:45 PM »
Hi Al82,
Regarding Midway MK games - due to some technical reasons, we have to leave the height at 256px.  If sometime a workaround can be made, I'll let you know.

I'm not good at this game, so I need a little help here, if possible:
Regarding the test your might stage problem, the next time(s) you play this game, please make a savestate at the end of the level before it comes on, then if the background gets corrupted, please post the savestate.  The savestate really has to be from before the bad background gets drawn.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Stifu

« Reply #702 on: December 27, 2021, 04:35:06 PM »
For more information on the Mortal Kombat resolution issue, check this out: https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo/issues/869

My own humble opinion on this is that the team probably has more fun or useful things to work on. There's an endless list of things to be done, I don't think it's worth spending time on this. But of course, anyone who really cares about this can submit patches for it.

Offline Al82

• Newbies
« Reply #703 on: December 27, 2021, 06:12:30 PM »
Regarding the test your might stage problem, the next time(s) you play this game, please make a savestate at the end of the level before it comes on, then if the background gets corrupted, please post the savestate.  The savestate really has to be from before the bad background gets drawn.

Thanks, Dink - if I can reproduce it consistently I'll attach a save state. The problem is getting that to happen  :smilie:

Offline Stifu

« Reply #704 on: January 12, 2022, 03:33:01 AM »
Hello. I tried loading gseeker. Result:
There was a problem starting 'Grid Seeker: Project Storm Hammer (Ver 1.3O)'.

Due to this, I thought I'd update my FBN to the latest version, just in case. I got "Windows.x32.zip" from: https://github.com/finalburnneo/FBNeo/releases/tag/latest
Result: it seems to have lost my settings (no recently loaded games, etc) despite the fact I put the files in my old FBN folder, and even after redefining my ROM path and scanning for ROMs, it still can't find any ROMs. When I just check "Show available", it shows nothing. I tried starting fresh from a new folder, same result.

Any idea? Thanks.

Edit: more info, after defining it, my ROM path looks like this: D:\blabla\fbn\
If I press OK, close FBN then reopen it, then the ROM path is just D
So it seems my ROM path is not properly saved.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 03:38:58 AM by Stifu »