Author Topic: supporting fully_decrypted romsets by NeoGeo emuls  (Read 7257 times)

Offline mai

• Newbies
supporting fully_decrypted romsets by NeoGeo emuls
« on: January 29, 2006, 03:09:51 AM »
can anybode give me an answer on question about supporting fully_decrypted (NOT decrypted C) romsets?
why authors of NeoGeo emualtors, such as Nebula, Kawaks, FBA (+FBPlus, FBEvolution), except outdated NeoRAGEx, don't want to include fully_dercypted romsets in build? JiMMy_PaGe solve this problem adding a dynamic-loader in the project, but It would be easier just to include them in build... may be here some other reasons, that prevent authors from adding full_decrypted romsets in build?..

thanks for your attention, I have no any problems with these romsets, just want to know...

Offline Badablek

Re: supporting fully_decrypted romsets by NeoGeo emuls
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 05:08:11 AM »
Hi,

Fully decrypted sets are not (and will probably never) be added, as these sets are hacked (Not my opinion) and authors do not want hacks in their official build.....they only want to keep good sets, fully encrypted (even if encrypted and decrypted are the same games....when you play a game, you can't see if it's encrypted or not  :biggrin:)

We don't have the choice, and ppl like me who use ONLY fully decrypted sets will burn in hell (not l33t to play decrypted sets  :idiot:)  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Offline mai

• Newbies
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 01:55:53 PM »
hacked? but there a lot of hacks/decrypted C or P/bootleg/homebrew included in the builds of Kawaks, Nebula, FBA, MAME? and all of them - not official... what's special in fully decrypted hacks? this point still not clear for me...

Offline Badablek

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2006, 02:30:40 PM »
A bootleg is NOT a hack, as it is sold as a real board......we call "hack" games that do NOT exist in real life........games before 1998 were fully decrypted (or with encrypted P), after 1998, some games were C encrypted, P encrypted, C and V encrypted, C and V and P encrypted, etc......and are officially added to Mame, Winkawaks, FBA, etc....

But if a game really exists as a MVS or AES board, then it's dumped and included in official emulators (and that's why some hacked games are included).......

Fully decrypted roms of encrypted games do NOT really exist, as the official games are only sold encrypted....so those decrypted sets are hacked and not added.....

Maybe I'm wrong, but this is what I understood

ps : I do not understand this point of view, but I can't change anything  :biggrin:, so I compile my own FBA and I do not care if X or Y developer do not want to add them  :p
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 02:40:25 PM by Badablek »

Offline mai

• Newbies
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 11:41:12 PM »
OK, almost understood... but...
But if a game really exists as a MVS or AES board, then it's dumped and included in official emulators (and that's why some hacked games are included).......
really? some hacks, that were included, exists as a MVS/AES board?.. for example? I thought all of them never exist on boards,...

PS
ps : I do not understand this point of view, but I can't change anything  , so I compile my own FBA and I do not care if X or Y developer do not want to add them 
the same with me  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 11:42:28 PM by mai »

Offline mai

• Newbies
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2006, 11:55:25 PM »
BTW 'cos english isn't my native language I don't understand clearly what's bootleg... I thought bootleg means a kind of piracy...

Offline Badablek

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 07:00:45 AM »
A bootled is an illegal copy of a game, sold on board with EEprom.

And as it really exists as a physical board (even if it's an illegal copy), then it's included......strange, isn't it ? :biggrin:

Hacks like KOF2004, KOF10th, the King of Gladiator, etc.....do really exist, you can find some of them on Ebay.

Offline FerchogtX

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team ;)
    • FB Alpha Plus! Web Site
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 08:04:49 PM »
Old theread... but anyway...
Well, if you ask about sets that NeoRAGEx can run (because it doesn't emulate any game, except 1 or 2) I'm sorry, FB Alpha Plus will NEVER suport NeoRAGEx romsets, there are several points, but i'm talking about:

1.- Emulation is to study and keep as archive stuff all arcade games (with their protections) that were popular in their time, also is used as backup purposes. Imagine that you f*** off your kof2000 MVS cart, but if you have the original encrypted ROM and then (if you know how) burn that in a new cart you recover your game... just a stupid example XD.

2.- Some emulators (like FB Alpha Plus!) are trying to match MAME in emulation scene, because is the largest and best accurate database of arcade games, in some cases NRX use very ooooold sets in it's database, so it cannot emulate games like garou or kof99 (say anything it CAN'T XD).

But don't worry at all, at least FB Alpha Plus supports decrypted C set's... you know for loading time issues with encrypted ROMs.

That's my point of view, anyway all emulators for neogeo (except kawaks and nebula) have open source, so add what you need by yourself, is not so complicated ;)

See ya!!! :biggrin:

Good and evil co-exist because of the balance, lies are not part of it...

FB Alpha Plus! site infos updated, see the latest info clicking on my profile link...