Author Topic: Kaillera problems  (Read 7249 times)

Offline FrikMonster

Kaillera problems
« on: April 08, 2008, 07:01:10 PM »
Hey there, I just joined this forum now.i was wondering how i can play online with this P2P client of Kaillera which I've downloaded. I don't see anyone online and I use to play mame online in the past.What happened? did all the servers die or something?

If there is a site where I can get some IP addresses or soemthing to play online it would be really greatful. I mean I d/l 16GB of roms(which 95% work) and I would really really REEEEEAAALY like to play online again.

Someone help me out?

Offline 0746

• Expert
Re: Kaillera problems
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 08:38:39 AM »
wrong forum? O_o MAME doesn't have kaillera.

Offline FrikMonster

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 01:23:55 PM »
What do you mean it doesn't have Kaillera? If you look in your Mame folder there is a Kallera.dll file. Thats the client file so you can play online.Are you saying that no one here has played Mame online?

Am I in some kind of different dimention now?  :S

I mean nebula, kawaks and this nFB Alpha DTR9 emulators have this file to play online. I've played years ago...(on a crappy slow bandwith) pluse you can get the Kaillera server software(few MBs big ) which allows you to host home games as well as the internet. The Kaillera site dosnt exist for some strange reason.

Offline iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 01:44:47 PM »
What do you mean it doesn't have Kaillera? If you look in your Mame folder there is a Kallera.dll file. Thats the client file so you can play online.Are you saying that no one here has played Mame online?

Am I in some kind of different dimention now?  :S

I mean nebula, kawaks and this nFB Alpha DTR9 emulators have this file to play online. I've played years ago...(on a crappy slow bandwith) pluse you can get the Kaillera server software(few MBs big ) which allows you to host home games as well as the internet. The Kaillera site dosnt exist for some strange reason.

Erm.. he means official builds of MAME do not have Kaillera support (MAMEDev's f*cking hate Kaillera).

Offline 0746

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 02:17:46 AM »
Well, in light of the closed sourceness of the program, lack of updates and the new Kaillera owner's cocky copyright/trademark enforcement policies on such a simple program, let us assume it never existed. Time to wake up from a bad bad dream people. Where is MAMEnet.

Edit: I almost forgot. nFB Alpha is kaillera incompatible. So whatever you played on, it wasn't kaillera.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 02:34:04 AM by 0746 »

Offline FrikMonster

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 02:05:15 PM »
Damn it!!! Oh well I remember using mame...probably wasn't the original one. Damn, is there anyway to play your retro arcade games online rather via LAN?

Offline FrikMonster

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 09:30:33 AM »
Nevermind, when the sh*t hits the fan, get a shovel and dig really deep. I found some Kaillera servers to play on now....THANKS guys...anyway if you want to know where to find them or how to get the kaillera client, just post back.