Author Topic: DoDonPachi 2 - troubleshooting missing rom files  (Read 4467 times)

Offline killy9999

DoDonPachi 2 - troubleshooting missing rom files
« on: February 29, 2020, 04:09:35 PM »
Fellow FBN users,

I am trying to run DoDonPachi 2 Bee Storm. The ddp2.zip rom and a pgm.zip bios that I have run fine under MAME 0.216 but fail to load under FBN RetroArch core. I am getting the following output on the console:

Code: [Select]
[libretro INFO] [FBNEO] Archive: ddp2
[libretro INFO] [FBNEO] Archive: pgm
[libretro INFO] [FBNEO] Using ROM with good CRC and name v102.u8 from archive /dane/gry/roms/mame/ddp2
[libretro INFO] [FBNEO] Using ROM with good CRC and name ddp2_igs027a_world.bin from archive /dane/gry/roms/mame/ddp2
[libretro INFO] [FBNEO] Using ROM with good CRC and name pgm_t1300.u21 from archive /dane/gry/roms/mame/ddp2
[libretro INFO] [FBNEO] Using ROM with good CRC and name pgm_a1300.u1 from archive /dane/gry/roms/mame/ddp2
[libretro INFO] [FBNEO] Using ROM with good CRC and name pgm_a1301.u2 from archive /dane/gry/roms/mame/ddp2
[libretro INFO] [FBNEO] Using ROM with good CRC and name pgm_b1300.u7 from archive /dane/gry/roms/mame/ddp2
[libretro INFO] [FBNEO] Using ROM with good CRC and name pgm_m1300.u5 from archive /dane/gry/roms/mame/ddp2
[libretro INFO] [FBNEO] Using ROM with good CRC and name v100_210.u23 from archive /dane/gry/roms/mame/ddp2
[libretro INFO] [FBNEO] Using ROM with good CRC and name pgm_t01s.rom from archive /dane/gry/roms/mame/pgm
[libretro INFO] [FBNEO] Using ROM with good CRC and name pgm_m01s.rom from archive /dane/gry/roms/mame/pgm
[libretro INFO] [FBNEO] Using ROM with good CRC and name pgm_p01s.u20 from archive /dane/gry/roms/mame/pgm
[libretro INFO] [FBNEO] Using ROM with good CRC and name pgm_p02s.u20 from archive /dane/gry/roms/mame/pgm
[libretro ERROR] [FBNEO] ROM at index 132 with CRC 0xb3cc5c8f is required ...
[libretro ERROR] [FBNEO] Can't launch this game, some files are missing.

Obviously, FBN wants a different a rom and is looking for a file that it can't find. However, having just a CRC of a missing file does not seem too helpful. How do I proceed with troubleshooting this error? Any way to learn the name of a missing rom?

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: DoDonPachi 2 - troubleshooting missing rom files
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 06:18:50 PM »
That file in question is ddp3_bios.u37, though I'm not sure why ddp2 wants it. 

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 02:45:19 AM »
However, having just a CRC of a missing file does not seem too helpful.

That's why i provide dat files at libretro's repository, see https://github.com/libretro/FBNeo/tree/master/src/burner/libretro#roms

Offline killy9999

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 06:00:57 AM »
Thanks guys! Managed to fix it.