Author Topic: iFBA (ios port) - new 'follow finger' hack  (Read 6748 times)

Offline yoyofr

iFBA (ios port) - new 'follow finger' hack
« on: June 15, 2013, 09:52:42 AM »
  Hi there,

I'm still working on iOS FBA port (iFBA). I've decided to implement "follow finger" controls for shmups.
I'm already covering some classics (donpachi, dodonpachi, ketsui, truxton 2, battle garegga, ...), here is a video of current wip:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBeml9n_D5w

Basically it requires to debug and analyse memory (using mame for that) to identify where the player position is stored and intercept the read/write, i.e. patch cpu emu read/write access.

Not sure it will be useful for anything else than smartphones & tablets, just wanted to let you know  :wink:

Offline neocvera

• Newbies
Re: iFBA (ios port) - new 'follow finger' hack
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 02:02:39 AM »
geeze, where have you been?

Offline Hong_Meiling

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 11:23:15 PM »
touching games can working fantastic in this port!

Online iq_132

• Administrator
  • Definitely not Dink!
    • NeoSource
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 06:31:13 PM »
That's great work! Have you got a list of games you would like to add? I may be able to help figure out the addresses
you need.
I'd love to see this is retroarch!

Offline yoyofr

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 03:07:17 AM »
    geeze, where have you been?
    ==> lots of work at the office (managing teams & projects), no time for coding for a couple of months  :confused:
    That's great work! Have you got a list of games you would like to add? I may be able to help figure out the addresses
    you need.
    I'd love to see this is retroarch!
    Basically shmups: cave, toaplan, raizing, psikyo, ...
    I'm working on cleaning my code so that the hacks are not too 'dirty' hacks... I'm uploading regularly the sourcecode to my github repo (yoyofr)

what's currently missing is a good way to adapt fire buttons behaviour (probably multiple profiles needed, depending on game).
    Right now I've just added another button which switch between 2 modes: button 1 autofire or button 1 continously pressed.
    Pressing button 1 just activate or deactivate autofire/continuous fire.
    Works well for cave based games (donpachi, ...), not so well for psikyo ones ...

Current coverage is:
    - Cave: Donpachi, Dodonpachi, Fever SOS, Ketsui, Progear
    - Raizing: Battle Garegga, Battle Bakraid, Armed Police Batrider
    - Toaplan: Truxton 2, Dogyuun
    - Psikyo: Strikers 1945, Gunbird, Gunbird 2, Dragon Blaze

I'm adding new games everyday, it is rather simple: launching mame in debug mode, starting new games and then analyse memory dump to check where player position is stored.
    Then I add required handlers in main cpu emulator (right now: 68k and SH2) and update DrvFrame code in the driver.[/list]
    « Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 04:57:47 PM by yoyofr »