Author Topic: FB Neo Bugs Reports  (Read 158619 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: FB Neo Bugs Reports
« Reply #810 on: June 08, 2022, 08:58:01 AM »
Weird thing in Varia Metal: at the beginning of the first stage, your ship is briefly visible at the bottom of the screen, before instantly disappearing, then coming back into view from the bottom of the screen. Same as in this video.

Game bug or emulation bug? Thanks.

Hi Stifu,
This one is now up to speed, iq_132 & dink had to do a little tag-team jobby to get this one right. :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline Stifu

« Reply #811 on: June 08, 2022, 10:21:36 AM »
Thank you guys! :)

Offline Stifu

« Reply #812 on: June 08, 2022, 05:28:44 PM »
I tried Kangaroo. The window size is tiny (x1, as if stuck in "Single size"), no matter what I pick (Auto, Double size, Triple size...).
Is this known?

Edit: ah, it seems linked to the blitter "SoftFX". If I try something else, it works as expected.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 05:30:50 PM by Stifu »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #813 on: June 08, 2022, 08:20:46 PM »
Stifu,
The SoftFX blitter has a [not the greatest] mind of its own, and probably should only be used as a last resort :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline Silence4life

• Newbies
« Reply #814 on: June 10, 2022, 02:30:27 PM »
There is a problem with SoftFx blitter display ..
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 02:40:45 PM by Silence4life »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #815 on: June 10, 2022, 08:38:38 PM »
Silence4life,
Hi, check to see if Fullscreen Resolution (horiz/vertical) are OK and Fullscreen bitdepth is the same as your desktop.

best regards,
- dink

Offline JoelH

• Newbies
« Reply #816 on: June 10, 2022, 10:05:34 PM »
Alright, I asked about this at r/retroarch and didn't get any response so I've reached wits end more or less. For whatever reason when running the FBN core on my Nvidia Shield it will completely crash and kick me be back to the menu after about five seconds. The thing is most of the games that cause this are in Tate orientation. And I know its just the core because running these games through Mame Current causes no problem whatsoever. Is there some setting I have wrong here? I deleted my config and it still didn't fix the problem one bit.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #817 on: June 11, 2022, 01:19:37 AM »
Alright, I asked about this at r/retroarch and didn't get any response so I've reached wits end more or less. For whatever reason when running the FBN core on my Nvidia Shield it will completely crash and kick me be back to the menu after about five seconds. The thing is most of the games that cause this are in Tate orientation. And I know its just the core because running these games through Mame Current causes no problem whatsoever. Is there some setting I have wrong here? I deleted my config and it still didn't fix the problem one bit.

Android is a trash OS closing apps on a whim. The other day i was talking with a user crashing the same way on MAME, fwiw he got past those crashes after cleaning up his device with avast. Cleaning up your device, maybe even resetting it to factory default, is sadly the only advice i can give. Users are playing cv1k games on their smartphone so this is clearly not an emulator bug.

Offline dink

• Administrator
Re: Megadrive: missing video modes?
« Reply #818 on: June 11, 2022, 01:22:17 AM »
hi everyone,

while learning to code for cave/neogeo/nes/megadrive I had problems to adjust
the following video modes for megadrive:
256x240
256x480i
320x240
320x480i

Hi eye2eye,
I added the missing 240p modes.  As for the 'i' modes, we only support LSMx=3 (double resolution) mode that Sonic 2 uses in 2-player mode.

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #819 on: June 11, 2022, 01:37:18 AM »

JoelH is there any information about what's going on, maybe in the log file?  Which games cause this every time?

best regards,
- dink

Offline Silence4life

• Newbies
« Reply #820 on: June 11, 2022, 04:54:10 AM »
Silence4life,
Hi, check to see if Fullscreen Resolution (horiz/vertical) are OK and Fullscreen bitdepth is the same as your desktop.

best regards,
- dink

I tried different bit options, I checked 16/24/32 horizontally and vertically, but the result did not change, the problem of not being full screen continues.
operating system Windows 10/ screen full hd 1920X1080
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 05:02:27 AM by Silence4life »

Offline eye2eye

• Newbies
« Reply #821 on: June 11, 2022, 05:48:06 AM »
Hi eye2eye,
I added the missing 240p modes.  As for the 'i' modes, we only support LSMx=3 (double resolution) mode that Sonic 2 uses in 2-player mode.

best regards,
- dink

hi,

thx for the additions. the background of all this is that i found several mysterious roms, different plattforms, not really working,
partially with source, during my nightly forays thru the (dark-)net. those games are nowhere mentioned and i wonder if they are
fakes or prototypes or whatever. so i started exploring the code.
for one of these roms i am now a few steps further.
the initial res-warning screen is now gone but i am stuck at the title:

i'll keep on the topic...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 05:56:10 AM by eye2eye »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #822 on: June 11, 2022, 09:09:18 AM »
I tried different bit options, I checked 16/24/32 horizontally and vertically, but the result did not change, the problem of not being full screen continues.
operating system Windows 10/ screen full hd 1920X1080

Would you try the Directx9 blitter?  I don't think the old directdraw (softfx & basic blitter) is capable of hd resolutions.

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #823 on: June 11, 2022, 09:14:43 AM »
eye2eye, I've found stuff like this are mostly homebrews in various prototype states which are shared on a forum somewhere for feedback.
if it's working in another emu but not fbneo, please pm me the rom and d_megadrive.cpp BurnDriver entry - I'll take a look.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Silence4life

• Newbies
« Reply #824 on: June 11, 2022, 11:40:43 AM »
Would you try the Directx9 blitter?  I don't think the old directdraw (softfx & basic blitter) is capable of hd resolutions.

best regards,
- dink

Basic blitter/experimental/directx 9 alt don't have any fullscreen issues with these I just want to work and do that because it almost bugs out. I am using experimental blitter thanks.