Final Burn Neo > FBN Discussion

pcktgal (Pocket Gal) not in FBN - anything else from Data East missing?

(1/2) > >>

matchaman:
I was comparing MAME with FBA in order to check what's missing (aside from the obvious 3D systems) and I stumbled upon Pocket Gal (not the Deluxe version).

This ROM is parent, from 1987 and logically, should have been included in FBN/FBA, as everything else by Data East seems to be, including its aforementioned sequel.

More info here: http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/dettaglio_mame.php?game_name=pcktgal

Therefore my question is, are there any other missing parent ROMs from otherwise fully supported arcade systems?

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: matchaman on October 27, 2021, 06:36:09 PM ---Therefore my question is, are there any other missing parent ROMs from otherwise fully supported arcade systems?

--- End quote ---

Not sure what you mean, we don't support that "pocket gal" arcade system at all.
There are lots of companies we are missing support for a few arcade systems, if that's your question.

matchaman:
I see... I expected Data East to have some sort of a unified board system (like Capcom did with the CPS), that's why I assumed all Data East games could be already supported.

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: matchaman on October 28, 2021, 08:30:35 AM ---I see... I expected Data East to have some sort of a unified board system (like Capcom did with the CPS), that's why I assumed all Data East games could be already supported.

--- End quote ---

Capcom didn't have a single board system either, CPS (there are 3 of them, they use different hardware and require different code to be emulated) are just some of the arcade systems Capcom used. AFAIK the same applies for any well-known manufacturer.

dink:
pocket gal is it's very own pcb, totally unique-ish hw, maybe some day we'll have it :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version