Miscellaneous > Projects

Street Fighter Zero 3 Mix 0.23

(1/7) > >>

zero800:
SFZ3Mix It's a variant of SFA3 with several new features like new resolution, optional custom samples, rom expansion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avlAdKKRUNs

All the information about the rom and the custom driver used can be found on the game's website

https://sfz3mix.github.io/

barbudreadmon:
To be honest, this one might require too many changes to our cps2 driver, it is basically running on fantasy hardware.

dink:
It shouldn't be too hard to add it though.

zero800:
Hello barbudreadmon,

In Mame I created it as a new driver to bring the least possible impact on the original cps2 driver.
Unfortunately I have already tried and I don't have enough knowledge to rewrite it for FBNeo.

I stopped updating sf2mix because there was no place left to design and create new things, with SFZ3Mix I didn't want to fall into the same problem so I expanded the rom to create a really fanciful and unrealistic piece of hardware.

Unlike older consoles, having real cps2 hardware is not very common and most people use it in emulators.
Whenever possible I leave some changes optional for the player... team or single mode, optional custom music, 16x9 or 4x3 screen...

I don't expect any urgency, just the possibility that one day it might be recognized on FBNeo is enough for me.

I know what it's like to be from your point of view when people ask me for countless new features in the rom and don't even think about the complexity and the effort required to do it.

--- Quote from: barbudreadmon on September 15, 2023, 02:23:01 PM ---To be honest, this one might require too many changes to our cps2 driver, it is basically running on fantasy hardware.

--- End quote ---

Sexy!mame:

--- Quote from: zero800 on November 20, 2023, 07:27:09 AM ---Hello barbudreadmon,

In Mame I created it as a new driver to bring the least possible impact on the original cps2 driver.
Unfortunately I have already tried and I don't have enough knowledge to rewrite it for FBNeo.

I stopped updating sf2mix because there was no place left to design and create new things, with SFZ3Mix I didn't want to fall into the same problem so I expanded the rom to create a really fanciful and unrealistic piece of hardware.

Unlike older consoles, having real cps2 hardware is not very common and most people use it in emulators.
Whenever possible I leave some changes optional for the player... team or single mode, optional custom music, 16x9 or 4x3 screen...

I don't expect any urgency, just the possibility that one day it might be recognized on FBNeo is enough for me.

I know what it's like to be from your point of view when people ask me for countless new features in the rom and don't even think about the complexity and the effort required to do it.

--- End quote ---

I would love to see this new CPS2turbo driver added to FBA, from what I'm seeing, this new driver can also be used for other CPS2 titles such as Alien vs Predator and other titles that want to expand the rom. This hack, in my opinion, is not just a modification, it is a great addition of new, never-before-seen features bringing together several cool mechanics from street fighter zero 2 in a single game!!! I've been playing this version and it's really fun!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version