Author Topic: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread  (Read 760025 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Excellent idea :)
Personally, I'd prefer megadriv -> megadrive though.  We don't have to follow everything mess does, do we?  :biggrin:

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
Excellent idea :)
Personally, I'd prefer megadriv -> megadrive though.  We don't have to follow everything mess does, do we?  :biggrin:

It makes life easier. Otherwise for people with the MESS software lists - you have to have the list stored twice. I just keep the MESS lists up-to-date and FB Alpha just plays nice. :)
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline dink

• Administrator
Hello friends of FBA,
There hasn't been a lot of forum activity lately - this could only mean one thing - ya'll are busy playing games in you're favorite emulator  :wink:

Just a little update on whats going on behind the scenes:
Improved the stability of MD games a bit (especially after a reset, things would go bonkers sometimes)!  \o/
With the next release of FBA, the MD & PCE drivers will no longer just be considered an "extra".  I had been playing games on both drivers like mad the past couple days, and would now say that the status has been updated to "damn fine." :)

There is, however, one minor issue with the Megadrive driver, games that use SRam may bug-out a little, but out of 64 games in my MD collection, only one of them is affected.  Hopefully we can work this problem out (aka. guys, I need a little help - see my latest post in the Megadrive research thread regarding SRam.)

that's it for now...
best regards,
- dink

Offline Freddy

Hello friends of FBA,
There hasn't been a lot of forum activity lately - this could only mean one thing - ya'll are busy playing games in you're favorite emulator  :wink:

Just a little update on whats going on behind the scenes:
Improved the stability of MD games a bit (especially after a reset, things would go bonkers sometimes)!  \o/
With the next release of FBA, the MD & PCE drivers will no longer just be considered an "extra".  I had been playing games on both drivers like mad the past couple days, and would now say that the status has been updated to "damn fine." :)

There is, however, one minor issue with the Megadrive driver, games that use SRam may bug-out a little, but out of 64 games in my MD collection, only one of them is affected.  Hopefully we can work this problem out (aka. guys, I need a little help - see my latest post in the Megadrive research thread regarding SRam.)

that's it for now...
best regards,
- dink

MD is a kick ass console. And in the next version of FBA, we will play in Kaillera with a great emulator! TY dink!

Offline dink

• Administrator
MD is a kick ass console. And in the next version of FBA, we will play in Kaillera with a great emulator! TY dink!

Meet me on irc sometime and we'll play a netgame or 2 :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline vbt

• FBNeo Contributor
there was a #fbadev on irc(efnet) some years ago with Robert & Lantus
i'm sometimes on #smspower & #segaxtreme

Offline dink

• Administrator
Oh yea, I'm logged on ircnet #c64friends usually 7-9am, 11-3pm, 11-1am EST (detroit time) as derek, I'm not always at the computer though, so don't get discouraged if I'm there, but don't respond right away.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Freddy

Oh yea, I'm logged on ircnet #c64friends usually 7-9am, 11-3pm, 11-1am EST (detroit time) as derek, I'm not always at the computer though, so don't get discouraged if I'm there, but don't respond right away.

best regards,
- dink

... And all this time I was looking for "dink"... until I stopped to try.  :S

Offline dink

• Administrator
sorry about that!  I forgot to mention  :redface:

Offline dink

• Administrator
Just some small updates from me over the past couple of days:
Added UWOL Quest for Money to Megadrive driver
Added Aetherbyte's Reflectron to PCEngine driver
Updated/fixed the Megadrive driver to load the latest (MESS) romsets of Ghouls 'n Ghosts & Ghouls 'n Ghosts rev.A (the rom data needed to be re-arranged a bit in memory)
Added the k005289 enhancement from MAME svn, makes the bgm in Nemesis sound more like how it should.
Fix Savestate undo bug - don't undo the last savestate, leaving no savestates to load  :redface:...  :p
Add Protection fix for (Megadrive) Puggsy, so the game can now be won without getting the piracy notice.  The code for this fix is so complex, it almost requires quantum computing to initialize properly.  :biggrin:
Add [a couple of internal enhancements that won't be noticable to the end user].
and..
Tried very (very!) hard to get music working in Sand Scorpion.. No luck, this time..  :redface:

take care, my friends :)
best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
Hey guys,
This might not be everyone's cup-o-tea, but some serious oldschool is about to happen..

Incoming Sega SG-1000 driver for FBA - code by iq_132, bringing up to date, spiffing up, and fixes by dink

This is the Sega home console machine prior to the Master System, and shares hardware with the MSX1 and Colecovision.
[a Colecovision driver will be added very soon - also!]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:31:05 AM by dink »

Offline dink

• Administrator
ColecoVision comes to FBAlpha!
Big thanks to iq_132 for letting me resurrect, spiff up and fix this excellent drivercode :) (as legend has it: this CV emucode was almost lost forever on the deepest depths of his hard drive... hehe)

Offline dink

• Administrator
Fans of Zaxxon, Gyruss, Defender, and Roc 'n Rope will love this one!  :biggrin:

Offline Huggybaby

I'm a Zaxxon fan. Ah, the memories. Thanks again dink!

Offline dink

• Administrator
I'm a Zaxxon fan. Ah, the memories. Thanks again dink!

Right on! You'll be happy to know that vbt is also working on a Zaxxon driver, so this will bring 3 completely different versions of Zaxxon to FBA.

best regards,
- dink