Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 85323 times)

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2019, 07:18:05 PM »
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special NeoGeoCD is really nice - if you didn't try it yet with the new NeoGeoCD emulation, I highly recommend it. 

Of course, I always choose Terry Bogard.

best regards,
- dink

Offline Fulg0re

« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2019, 11:21:55 PM »
Currently I am clearing all neo geo cd beat EM ups. Most of them are really a treasure regarding the great music quality.

Offline el_rika

« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2019, 12:54:25 AM »

Of course, I always choose Terry Bogard.

best regards,
- dink

I loved how he was both a shoto and a charge character back then  :biggrin:

With Kof series, i rarely played a match wihout Terry in my team. He is a perfect combination of cheese and coolness, both colorful and uplifting  :wink:

Offline Bad Dude

« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2019, 10:07:44 AM »
I'll play the NEOGEO CD version of RBFF and thanks for the advice, Dink. I have good memories of the PS1 version, called Real Bout Fatal Fury Dominated Mind. I played that game a lot at the time. It have many features, with a new boss and playable character.

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2020, 11:01:33 PM »
Hey! What games have you been playing lately in FBNeo (OR FBAlpha, if you choose not to upgrade)?

One of my favorite new games, it's Nebs 'n Debs on NES.  It's kinda like Super Mario Bros. (the first one), but with a dash-mechanic

See a video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKlZASjmfnk
This video will also teach you how to use the dash to get to hard-to-reach places (around 6:20 timeindex)

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2020, 10:33:12 PM »
Sometimes I actually have time to play a game, so...
Tonight it's Rockin' Kats on NES (in FBN!)
It's a nice platformer game where you have a silly punch-gun as a weapon.
This weapon can also be used sorta like the arm in Bionic Commando, but also as a super-high jump-tool if you jump and activate it while pointing at the ground.

have fun,
- dink

Offline Bad Dude

« Reply #141 on: May 29, 2020, 09:38:05 AM »
Sometimes I actually have time to play a game, so...
Tonight it's Rockin' Kats on NES (in FBN!)
It's a nice platformer game where you have a silly punch-gun as a weapon.
This weapon can also be used sorta like the arm in Bionic Commando, but also as a super-high jump-tool if you jump and activate it while pointing at the ground.

have fun,
- dink

This one is a very fun game, Dink. Well, there is a game wich I'm playing too, but unfortunately it's not in Final Burn Neo, but still a fun game. It's the Alien 3 from Super Nintendo. I played and drinked some beer on weekend and I had a lot of fun doing that. Very challinging game, with missions to do it. I also like the environment of this game, it's very claustrophobic and its not a linear game!. The graphics are nice too. So, I recommend this game. Have fun if you'll try.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 09:49:22 AM by Bad Dude »

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2020, 09:01:56 PM »
Kabuki-Z
This game is cheesy and b-movie-esque - it's great because of that.  Also, you get to wear a dress and kick ass with a pink sword!
It's good for a 20 minute game every couple of years..

best regards,
- dink

Offline Bad Dude

« Reply #143 on: August 08, 2020, 11:40:25 AM »
I'm not playing this game now, but I will recomend. It's a good game. At the time, I had the Super Nintendo and my friend had the Mega Drive and one of my favorite game that I played in his house was: Spider man vs the Kingpin. Oh man, I just loved the game. How good is to play with the Spider man. In this game, he's just perfect. Very responsive, agile and so on. So, tried NOW.  :biggrin:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 11:41:44 AM by Bad Dude »

Offline el_rika

« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2020, 10:56:51 AM »
https://vimeo.com/448281546

All through the quarantine, i had time to test and get these amazing games as close as possible to original pcb speeds.

I have a couple left to test, but now i'm enjoying Daifukkatsu Black Label on my smartphone, whenever i get some free time at work  :biggrin:

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2020, 09:06:21 PM »
Master of Darkness on SMS
~~
If you take Ghost 'n Goblins, NES Castlevania and Rolling Thunder, merge the three and change the ghosts/people into Zombies, this is what you have.  Oh yea, those bats can be a real pain in the ass, too.
You get a primary & secondary weapon, the Axe primary weapon is a good one to keep most of the time.
The bosses and mid-boss (zombie super-spawn rooms) are a nice touch - most of the time platformers on SMS are lacking (missing depth, I guess), but this one has it all.

2 totally random in-game pics:

Offline Kev

• FBNeo Dev
  • Definitely the best Kev
« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2020, 08:37:45 AM »
Master of Darkness on SMS
~~
If you take Ghost 'n Goblins, NES Castlevania and Rolling Thunder, merge the three and change the ghosts/people into Zombies, this is what you have.  Oh yea, those bats can be a real pain in the ass, too.
You get a primary & secondary weapon, the Axe primary weapon is a good one to keep most of the time.
The bosses and mid-boss (zombie super-spawn rooms) are a nice touch - most of the time platformers on SMS are lacking (missing depth, I guess), but this one has it all.

2 totally random in-game pics:

That game looks cool, I will check it out

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2020, 12:21:59 AM »
Kev, I had a feeling you would like this one :)

best regards,
- dink

Offline dink

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2020, 11:07:40 PM »
Caveman Ninja
Why is this game special?
x It's like Contra + Wonderboy mixed together
x Epic boss fights
x Awesome shoot-em-up style "ride the dinosaur" stage
x Some levels fork, allowing you to chose the next stage :)
x There's 4 ending-scenes to chose from!!  :biggrin:
x It helped me realize I could do much greater fixes for this project.  Condensed story: Fell in love with this game right away, when I ended up getting far into the game I found that it had some major graphic bugs in the volcano levels.  I remember being bummed out on this one, thinking "how can such a great game be messed up?", and then looking at the graphics code and thinking "that must be magic.  I'd never be able to fix it."  Then a week later, fixed it.   :cool:
( Go back in-time and read about in my thread here: https://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=2487.msg16403#msg16403 )

bye for now,
- dink
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 11:09:02 PM by dink »

Offline the_maq

« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2020, 11:56:02 PM »
Caveman Ninja
Why is this game special?
x It's like Contra + Wonderboy mixed together
x Epic boss fights
x Awesome shoot-em-up style "ride the dinosaur" stage
x Some levels fork, allowing you to chose the next stage :)
x There's 4 ending-scenes to chose from!!  :biggrin:
x It helped me realize I could do much greater fixes for this project.  Condensed story: Fell in love with this game right away, when I ended up getting far into the game I found that it had some major graphic bugs in the volcano levels.  I remember being bummed out on this one, thinking "how can such a great game be messed up?", and then looking at the graphics code and thinking "that must be magic.  I'd never be able to fix it."  Then a week later, fixed it.   :cool:
( Go back in-time and read about in my thread here: https://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=2487.msg16403#msg16403 )

bye for now,
- dink
I remember playing this in the arcades back in the early 90's - data east had a fairly decent run in those days and this particular title was one of there best efforts along with robocop, bad dudes vs dragon ninja, joe and mac and one of my favourite platformers called diet go go. I dont know if you've tried this one but it's definitely worth a pop. Peace out.. :cool:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 12:09:58 AM by the_maq »