Author Topic: Neo Geo Memory Card Not Working  (Read 8885 times)

Offline NJ7

Neo Geo Memory Card Not Working
« on: March 03, 2007, 12:50:38 PM »
seems like somethings been done to the memory card with the latest FBA 0.2.96.5......it recognizes it on load the first time, and let's you supposed saved, but when you exit the emulator, rejoin and try selecting the memory card you just used and insert it, it does not recognize the save......please fix........I've tested this with Baseball Stars 2, Garou, Art of Fighting 3.....

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
Re: Neo Geo Memory Card Not Working
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 01:11:02 PM »
seems like somethings been done to the memory card with the latest FBA 0.2.96.5......it recognizes it on load the first time, and let's you supposed saved, but when you exit the emulator, rejoin and try selecting the memory card you just used and insert it, it does not recognize the save......please fix........I've tested this with Baseball Stars 2, Garou, Art of Fighting 3.....

Gonna test that to see if i get the prob  :wink:

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 01:44:15 PM »
Im not familiar with the use of the memcard, but If it is supposed to load automatically when you insert it, then its not working, maybe something is going wrong when saving the .fc file,...maybe, and as result nothing happens.

i think there must be something that needs to be edited in 'memcard.cpp'

SeeYaa!
:biggrin:

Offline NJ7

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 01:55:54 PM »
You're spose to go to game, load game, select neo geo game from game list, press play, while loading, create new memory card if you don't have one, if you do select memory card, then insert memory card under game......will now work fine, will ask if you wanna save at the end of the game (recommend going 2 rounds in any game and let computer beat you.....after the continue game, should get something like game over....and then it ask to save card, select yes, seems ok, right.....exit emulator, restart the same game, select memory card again under game, select insert memory card, and it should ask you to load save, but the problem is here, doesn't seem to recognize the card, making it unplayable from where you left off.....this memory card feature didn't work in the last two official releases as far as I know....

Offline CaptainCPS

• FBNeo Dev
  • FB Alpha Team
    • CaptainCPS's Home
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 02:43:29 PM »
You're spose to go to game, load game, select neo geo game from game list, press play, while loading, create new memory card if you don't have one, if you do select memory card, then insert memory card under game......will now work fine, will ask if you wanna save at the end of the game (recommend going 2 rounds in any game and let computer beat you.....after the continue game, should get something like game over....and then it ask to save card, select yes, seems ok, right.....exit emulator, restart the same game, select memory card again under game, select insert memory card, and it should ask you to load save, but the problem is here, doesn't seem to recognize the card, making it unplayable from where you left off.....this memory card feature didn't work in the last two official releases as far as I know....

Ok this is what i got... but yeah when i exit the emulator, load the same game and select memcard / insert,...it is suposed to bring me some message up, like 'Load OK' ?

i attached some pics...

SeeYaa!
 :biggrin:

Offline NJ7

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 05:21:53 PM »
Did you try the same game on an emulator exit? Should be something like load ok, or not........which it doesn't here....