Author Topic: FBA Neo Makefile for libretro?  (Read 5058 times)

Offline cantenna

FBA Neo Makefile for libretro?
« on: May 24, 2019, 09:55:49 PM »
Hi All,

New to the forums. Was hoping to re-compile for RetroArch with a modified controller config that plays nice with MK2.

I tried NOCLEAN=1 ./libretro-build-android-mk.sh but it seems to skip.

Is there a make command I can issue from within? Anyone know what that might be?

Currently am setup able to compile cores and retroarch builds on Ubuntu
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 10:06:58 PM by cantenna »

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
Re: FBA Neo Makefile for libretro?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 02:18:28 AM »
Hi,

i've no idea how to manually build the core for android, i think you need to read the jni files with android studio ? You should ask for help on the libretro forum.
What's wrong with controller config for MK2 ? If the default config doesn't make sense that's something i can look into.

Offline cantenna

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 06:53:26 AM »
Thanks for offering to help.

Im not sure there is an issues with MK2 mapping on your end, but the mapping using an 8bitdo seems incorrect.

Yea RetroArch makes an attempt to download all cores and compile using their scripts... Some cores do fail to compile during this process because RetroArch for one reason or another and in these instance you have to cross compile instead manually.

Seems like I'll just have to wait for their build scripts to improve.

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 09:29:31 AM »
I was curious and found the 8bitdo site, those diy pcb's to turn original controllers into wireless/bth are very nice!
curiously, what kinda problem do you have?  I might want to get one of these.

Also, I found this picture from their site kinda funny:  "I think the screwdriver goes here" kinda thing :)

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 05:34:29 AM »
Im not sure there is an issues with MK2 mapping on your end, but the mapping using an 8bitdo seems incorrect.

I think i understand your issue, you expected a mapping close to the console version ? That's something i don't mind doing, and from looking at current mapping, it might be a good idea to use more precise labels in codebase's InputList too, to make re-mapping easier.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 04:13:33 AM »
I think i understand your issue, you expected a mapping close to the console version ? That's something i don't mind doing, and from looking at current mapping, it might be a good idea to use more precise labels in codebase's InputList too, to make re-mapping easier.

Done, default mapping should be nicer now, and it will be easier to remap with the proper labels now showing.