Author Topic: New libretro patch  (Read 6151 times)

Offline Twinaphex

New libretro patch
« on: January 20, 2013, 06:04:19 PM »
Hi there,

here is a new libretro patch - in particular I had to patch up the MSVC Xbox solutions a fair bit because a lot of files got added in the intervening time.

Diff patch here -
https://gist.github.com/4582531
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 07:22:14 PM by Twinaphex »

Offline Twinaphex

Re: New libretro patch
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 10:45:20 AM »
Treblewinner - I noticed your commit message - I thought that by creating a diff file with TortoiseSVN it could be easily applied. Guess not.

Perhaps you can tell me what the preferred method/format would be of submitting these patches to you.

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
  • I'm Barry Harris and I like to f*** people over
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 03:35:44 PM »
Not sure what was happening, but TortoiseSVN was giving an error dialog with no message, and command line patch was just crashing.

A diff is definitely preferred method though!
Account of Barry Harris; the traitor.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline Twinaphex

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 09:41:56 PM »
I've noticed that from 0.2.97.26 to 0.2.97.28 there has been a big increase in RAM usage.

Whereas previously I could fit games like sfa3 into the Wii and Xbox 1's memory even with a full FBA build now I'm having to create ultra-slim system-specific builds just getting these games to fit into memory on Xbox 1 and Wii. Real RAM is always going to be faster than virtual memory so I'd prefer to be able to still load these games into RAM without using VMM unless it's absolutely necessary as a last resort.

Any idea what in particular got added that can account for the increased RAM footprint? I can't see any obvious leads.

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 03:36:56 PM »
I've noticed that from 0.2.97.26 to 0.2.97.28 there has been a big increase in RAM usage.

Whereas previously I could fit games like sfa3 into the Wii and Xbox 1's memory even with a full FBA build now I'm having to create ultra-slim system-specific builds just getting these games to fit into memory on Xbox 1 and Wii. Real RAM is always going to be faster than virtual memory so I'd prefer to be able to still load these games into RAM without using VMM unless it's absolutely necessary as a last resort.

Any idea what in particular got added that can account for the increased RAM footprint? I can't see any obvious leads.

Nothing I can think of in all honesty. The changelog doesn't show anything likely to be a culprit.
Send me an e-mail at barry@fbalpha.com letting me know how big of a piece of sh** I am.

Offline Barry Harris

• dontbeabarry
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 04:16:32 PM »
Actually, checking the PC version shows a slight reduction in memory usage from 0.2.97.26 to 0.2.97.28. This is probably due to the change of compiler from VS2010 to VS2012, but definitely doesn't show a memory increase. This is the memory usage for Street Fighter Alpha 3 in both versions.

Offline Twinaphex

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 09:24:41 PM »
Actually, checking the PC version shows a slight reduction in memory usage from 0.2.97.26 to 0.2.97.28. This is probably due to the change of compiler from VS2010 to VS2012, but definitely doesn't show a memory increase. This is the memory usage for Street Fighter Alpha 3 in both versions.

That's definitely not what I've been experiencing on Xbox 1 and Wii. I'll try to investigate this further.