Miscellaneous > Projects

sf3:3rd strike widescreen

<< < (5/6) > >>

dink:
Awesome, nice work bankbank! :D

bankbank:
anyone here have insight into how cps3/3s stores data in vram?
I have found the function which loads/decompresses the tile data
and DrewDos found where the tile data resides (compressed) in the ROM
but I can't find where it writes decompressed tile data to / where it can be read from

I have fixed the white part of the super ko flash since I was able to just modify the tilemap and to change the all-black tiles to all-white tiles
but for fixing the super ko flash graphical parts, I need to put new graphics data in the ROM and then in VRAM and reference with more modified tilemap
I just can't figure out where the tiles are in VRAM
anyone?

dink:
bankbank, Most stuff makes it into vram via dma, from both the sh2 cpu and the cps3 board also has another dma controller to do palette, sprite and character dma.
To get the addresses from where this stuff is coming from, you'd need to edit the driver and uncomment all of the logging in the dma (chr,pal,sprite) functions, as well as in the sh2 cpu's dma function - as the logging stuff is there but commented out.  One could also watch the dma addresses without recompiling anything.  Look for dma_w in cps3_map in the current mame driver.

best regards,
- dink

Netro:
Within all this great work you guys are doing, is it possible to disable the hud elements for 3rd strike, as well as the background?

dink:
most likely: you'd have to hack the cps3 code, and have it only draw the sprites.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version