Author Topic: Few questions about PGM  (Read 4767 times)

Offline Eity

Few questions about PGM
« on: November 13, 2013, 09:34:27 PM »
Just wanted to ask, if there is a way to run DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou (crashes emulator), Oriental Legend Super (gives error that ROM ram-damp not found) and The Killing Blade (starts, but crashes soon)? All games tested on FBAlpha 0.2.97.29. And also is there chance for future emulation of Spectral VS Generation and Road of The Sword (Gladiator)? Also any real chance for future PGM2 emulation?

Offline 1664

Re: Few questions about PGM
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 07:26:26 AM »
 Oriental Legend Super and The Killing Blade and there clones work ok for me on FBAlpha 0.2.97.29 (i use the default settings if thats making any difference)

Offline Eity

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 08:34:34 AM »
I did not changed other settings then control, resolution, and default rom folder.... Hm... maybe bad rom then...

Offline JacKc

• FBNeo Dev
  • Hasta la vista, Baby !
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 06:36:00 PM »
DoDonPachi Dai-Ou-Jou, Oriental Legend Super and The Killing Blade are working in FBA 0.2.97.29. Be sure to have the correct and most current ROMset for it (by generating the dat with FBA and scanning your arcade ROMset with Clrmamepro).

Concerning PGM2 emulation, i don't think it is for now. For The Gladiator - Road Of The sword, it is almost fully playable in lastest MAME SVN 26158...So i guess it will be the same for FBA.
Finally for Spectral VS Generation, only future could say if it will be emulated a day.

Actually the major problem with PGM emulation is to dump the internal ARM7 Rom which is read protected...without a good way to bypass the read protection and to obtain a full and correct dump of the internal ARM7 Rom, some of those games only runs with many tricks and hacks (which is finally good for the player but not really satisfying for the developer who first purpose is to want an accurate emulation)