Author Topic: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread  (Read 760317 times)

Offline el_rika

Re: dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread
« Reply #2445 on: May 12, 2022, 10:55:31 AM »
So, the latest improvement fixed the libretro core for android to the level of mame_0.155.
Mushihimesama, Futari and Daifukkatsu (the other games are not affected by the issue) now play without errors if:
- delete game.fs before starting game
- after starting the game, go back to Retroarch gui and "reset".

(I've only tested Mushihimesama, but based on the identical behaviour to mame, all should work fine.) Will test further.

Have a great day guys!

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #2446 on: May 12, 2022, 12:36:51 PM »
@el_rika make sure you are using the latest version of the core (whenever it'll be available from the libretro buildbot), there was a fix for a race condition issue around 2 hours ago, it would sometimes cause glitches in mushisam
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 12:38:50 PM by barbudreadmon »

Offline el_rika

« Reply #2447 on: May 12, 2022, 03:08:58 PM »
Thanks barbu,

I will test it as soon as it becomes available.

Regarding my previous post, i think i made a mistake.
The most consistent way of having Mushihimesama error free is this:
- ignore the .fs file
- start the game
- go into core options and disable Threaded Blitter
- restart/reset
- go back to core options and enable Threaded Blitter

(My previous test still had missing bullets, but only in some small parts of the level/boss, so i missed it initially).

Now it's error free and the new additions to the core will most likely fix things further.

Offline filianore

« Reply #2448 on: May 17, 2022, 01:44:57 AM »
el_rika, can I ask how you are running these new games in FBN on Android? I'm getting an error that the roms (does it for all CV-1000) aren't part of the rom set, but my core is on 1.0.0.3 and the roms work fine on my PC in FBN. Any idea?

Offline el_rika

« Reply #2449 on: May 17, 2022, 02:11:45 AM »
Be very sure you are actually on the latest FBNeo core. To be sure, download/update it again.
Try moving the roms that give some kind of CRC error to Retroarch - system - fbneo - patched  (you need to create the last two folders, fbneo and patched).

Some roms need repackaging, but Mushihimesama and Ibara Black Label should work in their default state.

As of latest core revision, Mushihimesama, Futari and Daifukkatsu no longer need any reset trick to load the layers properly. They work perfectly from the get go.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #2450 on: May 17, 2022, 03:43:22 AM »
but my core is on 1.0.0.3

All builds from the past year are 1.0.0.03, this is the ongoing wip version, you'll need to make sure you are using latest build and not one from weeks/months ago.

Offline filianore

« Reply #2451 on: May 17, 2022, 05:41:35 PM »
Thanks, was able to get them going!

Offline Shin

« Reply #2452 on: May 19, 2022, 03:42:07 PM »
I like where this is going :cool: (android10 on switch, flipgrip)
https://streamable.com/5g4wsz
(oc is on in android's system settings.)

(should be faster on lakka for switch, probably even faster on linux os (I know lakka is linux), not sure about horizon (nintendo switch OS), probably slower even with OC on)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 04:33:33 PM by Shin »

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #2453 on: May 26, 2022, 09:17:26 AM »
Hooked up the cheat subsystem to Cave-1000 and ported over a few pages worth of cheats, here's my updated cheat.dat (it's Pugsy's cheat.dat with some changes/additions by me)

best regards,
- dink

Offline Hellwar

« Reply #2454 on: May 26, 2022, 03:24:37 PM »
Hello, I want to test the core with a Raspberry Pi4 to see how the CV1000 games work, is there a version for the RPi available? or is it possible to compile it myself? I'll test it with RetroPie.

Not experienced with compiling stuff so if someone can point me to the right direction would be nice.

Thanks!.

Offline barbudreadmon

• Administrator
  • Helper
« Reply #2455 on: May 27, 2022, 01:37:41 AM »
Hello, I want to test the core with a Raspberry Pi4 to see how the CV1000 games work, is there a version for the RPi available? or is it possible to compile it myself? I'll test it with RetroPie.

FBNeo is available on retropie, you just need to update it from source using their setup script.

As for performance on pi4, i heard it's very good as long as your pi4 is overclocked and the emulated cpu is downclocked (and you should to reproduce pcb slowdowns, see this topic for recommended values).

Offline el_rika

« Reply #2456 on: May 27, 2022, 05:46:54 AM »
Hooked up the cheat subsystem to Cave-1000 and ported over a few pages worth of cheats, here's my updated cheat.dat (it's Pugsy's cheat.dat with some changes/additions by me)

best regards,
- dink

Helluva job dink, helluva job  :biggrin:

Offline ClessxAlghazanth

« Reply #2457 on: May 27, 2022, 08:16:15 AM »

best regards,
- dink

Sounds great , where should the cheats file go to ?

Outstanding work recently , dink  :cool:

Offline dink

• Administrator
  • pie? I nearly bought one!
« Reply #2458 on: May 27, 2022, 08:59:04 AM »
Thanks guys :)

Cheats go into support\cheats subdir!

best regards,
- dink

Offline Nick Reynolds

• Newbies
« Reply #2459 on: May 28, 2022, 09:54:02 PM »
Hello,

I would like to thank the developers for this emulator, and more recently, for adding Marble Madness 2. I don't think that too many people use the emulator for this purpose, but because the game was added to FB Neo, I was able to play online using Kaillera netplay.

There are a few things I wanted to mention. First, it seems to me like in Zero Team, the pitch is too high for the voice samples. This can easily be compared with MAME, which I think sounds correct in that emulator.
Everything else I have to say here is related to Kaillera.

First, I didn't see any mention of it, but is it already known that analog input, such as the lightguns in Laser Ghost, or the trackball in SegaSonic don't work at all in netplay?

The game "Where's Wally" for some reason doesn't seem to be mapped as a trackball like it is on MAME, and while it works on Kaillera because of that, it doesn't have as precise movement as the emulated trackball.

The last thing is related to the lack of save states on Kaillera. The feature "restore full state on load" is disabled when using Kaillera. Because it's disabled, I haven't been able to test it, but my guess is that there is a chance that the save states would load in sync if all of the players shared the same save state and were able to use that feature with Kaillera.