General Emulation > Cheats

Requests

<< < (12/22) > >>

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: Riggan on July 01, 2021, 02:30:26 AM ---Not sure if this is already available, but would it be possible to implement a cheat that makes it possible to retain current weapons after death on Victory Road/Ikari Warriors II (arcade version)?

--- End quote ---

There is no such cheat for victroad as far as we know, the closest ones would be those that allow to select weapons/armour/grenades

Riggan:

--- Quote from: barbudreadmon on July 01, 2021, 03:03:46 AM ---There is no such cheat for victroad as far as we know, the closest ones would be those that allow to select weapons/armour/grenades

--- End quote ---

Probably not the right section of the forum to ask "how do I do that?" But, can you point me in the right direction? (Currently using FBNeo for the rotation hack)

barbudreadmon:

--- Quote from: Riggan on July 01, 2021, 03:57:52 AM ---Probably not the right section of the forum to ask "how do I do that?" But, can you point me in the right direction? (Currently using FBNeo for the rotation hack)

--- End quote ---

I recommend copying the cheat.dat support file from here to the cheats support folder in your FBNeo setup.

Riggan:

--- Quote from: barbudreadmon on July 01, 2021, 10:23:54 AM ---I recommend copying the cheat.dat support file from here to the cheats support folder in your FBNeo setup.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the tip. I did that and things seemed to be working great, but when I enabled the weapon select cheats, it deactivated the "vacuum" effect when the green slabs show up to drop you into a mini-boss fight. I just walk right over it and nothing happens, and I can't progress beyond that point. Common issue?

dink:
Cheats are by no means perfect; sometimes you need to disable them before boss and cutscenes, It really depends on the game and cheat.
In Victory Road I found that the "always have armour" cheat causes the green portals to dysfunction, so make sure you turn it off before walking over a portal (the green mirror slab thing).  If you play the game without the cheat: notice that the player sheds his armor when entering a portal - probably so they didn't have to use extra sprite tiles for the entering portal sprites w/armor.  With the cheat active, the game is probably stuck trying to get him to shed the armor, so the portal process can't begin.

best regards,
- dink

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version