Final Burn Neo > FBN Development

dink's FBN Development & Fixes thread

<< < (3/545) > >>

dink:
Thanks Treble Winner, I sent you a PM.

Now, I'm back to figuring out what the deal is with Samurai Aces....  :S

dink:
I'm tired, so I'll let the pictures do the talking...  ;)

Before the fix - (after loading a savestate in Samurai Aces):

After the fix:

The fix: (see attachment - also includes the Tengai sound desync fix)

best regards,
- dink

Barry Harris:

--- Quote from: dink on March 30, 2014, 01:01:14 AM ---Thanks Treble Winner, I sent you a PM.

Now, I'm back to figuring out what the deal is with Samurai Aces....  :S

--- End quote ---

Dink - invitation sent. :)

dink:
Thanks Treble Winner, I'll commit my patches as soon as I get the Irem M62 savestates working better.  I got the sound fixed for Youjyuden after savestate load, but sometimes it will reset to the title screen on savestate load when the state was saved mid-game.  And also if a sample was playing in Kung-fu master while a savestate was saved/loaded, will cause some strange issues, which also uses the m62 hardware.

Thats it for now,
best regards,
- dink

dink:
Hello friends,
Just an update - some good and some bad news..
First the good news, Implemented savestates in the Irem M72 hardware driver (Dragon breed, R-Type I and II, Mr. Heli, X-Multiply) and they seem to be working just fine. I played X-Multiply to stage 5 and the first 2 stages of R-Type I and Mr. Heli using nearly a hundred of savestate / loadstates while testing, and it seems solid :)

The bad news, Irem M62 hardware driver (Kung Fu Master, Kid Niki, Youjyuden) savestates are still messed up, I had to put working on them aside for now, I spent more time with this driver than all my work on FB Alpha combined and I seem to be getting nowhere :(  Maybe I'll come back to this one somewhere down the line, maybe with some help/suggestions from other dev's?  I thought it might have been a banking problem, so I saved the bank information and restored it on savestate load, as well as all the variables I could find - no go..  What really makes this one interesting, is that after a reset, loading the savestate will work sometimes, and sometimes not, which leads me to thinking that perhaps an irq is getting hung up.

best regards,
- dink

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version