Final Burn Neo > FBN Development

Game Consoles (Gab75 adds and more...)

<< < (113/278) > >>

Neville:
Another request. Would you consider adding this Crazy Cars remake to the Genesis / Mega Drive roster?

It's not the best game in the series, that would be part III, but still...

Gab75:

--- Quote from: Neville on November 01, 2021, 08:08:25 AM ---Another request. Would you consider adding this Crazy Cars remake to the Genesis / Mega Drive roster?

It's not the best game in the series, that would be part III, but still...

--- End quote ---

This game is more a raw conversion (from Amstrad CPC version) than a "remake"... in any case, now the related support is on the roster! ;)

Neville:
Thank you very much!  :biggrin:

EDIT: I was an Amstrad user back in the day. Maybe that's what made me want this game so much, even if I didn't play in on real hardware.

Gab75:

--- Quote from: Neville on November 01, 2021, 02:53:44 PM ---EDIT: I was an Amstrad user back in the day. Maybe that's what made me want this game so much, even if I didn't play in on real hardware.

--- End quote ---

I was a happy C64 user (during my childhood), but I was intrigued from the Amstrad CPC, especially for the better color palette (27 colors instead of 16)... ;)

Neville:
A cool machine too. In other boards I've become tired of "my 8-bit computer was better than yours" threads. The thing is that every machine seems to be better than the rest in something.

- The Amstrad CPC has a better palette than the ZX Spectrum, and as much games available.
- But the Spectrum has clearer graphics, because they use a higher resolution.
- The C64 has faster graphics and better sound than these two, but had less software available in Europe.
- The MSX had also good graphics and sound, but most of the available games were poor Spectrum conversions. Cart games were a different matter entirely, but are hard to find and pricey.

I didn't know any C64 users in the 1980s, so it was kind of a surprise when I first started emulating the computer. At first I was appalled at the muted colors and the somehow chunky sprites, but with time I've learned to like the machine. The fact that the games never resemble the rest of their 8-bit versions, the cool musics, or that classics like "Turrican" originated on this machine. The exclusive games also help. Wish I could hav played "Test Drive" or "Maniac Mansion" on my CPC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version